Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks so much for all your hugs and prayers everyone. We are getting through every day and preparing for the next. Ethan is still very hard to handle when he needs his insulin injections but of course that is to be expected! He is getting better with the finger pokes to check his blood sugar. He even said thank you mommy a few times. He breaks my heart. We actually have a lot of type one diabetics in our family, my husbands' sister and my brother and then my older son was diagnosed when he was 3 and Ethan will be 3 in a few months.
We were sitting in the Childrens Hospital and watching all the kids being treated for different forms of cancer and I was really trying hard to count my blessings. Of course some minutes were easier than others but all the moms in there for whatever reason brought them there have such a determination about them......it really is inspiring. I would like to think of something I can do for that wing of the hospital.
Grady is a great role model for his little brother and I hope they always lean on eachother through the ups and downs that this disease will no doubt bring their way.

Hmmmm rereading this makes me sound like I have it all together doesn't it! Well I really don't but like they say "fake it till ya make it"
Thanks again for all your kind words.
Sue

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm glad things are going better. Perhaps Ethan will watch and copy what Grady does with the finger pokes and injections. Having a good role model is very valuable.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Thanks for the update on your little guy, it's good to know he's doing better :)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Thanks for the update and glad to hear your little one is doing better, I agree maybe Grady will be a role model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts