Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would update you on the question I asked about bankruptcy. Well we are not filling chapter 7, although we will loss the house. The reason we are not going to file is that we have two different parcels of land and we thought both were included on the mortgage but only the parcel that is alittle over an acre is included. My mother has a trailer on the other part and that is why we have fought so long to try to keep the house. Now that we know she will be ok we have decided to move on.
It is hard in one respect, but relieving in another. We think we have found a house over by the other town my husband works in. The rent is only $400.00 a month. So that is going to cut our housing cost down to less than half than what we are paying now. We also have worked on another payment we have been making and they are lowering it from $250. to $100. a month. My husband is going to check out the house today. He knows the people who own it and they have already agreed to rent to us as soon as the others move out (May 15). They also said that the house might need a little sprucing up, paint, wallpaper, etc. and that they would work on the rent if we did it.
I really feel this is for God, for I have spent hours in prayer over this. I will let you know if this works out.
Also for another question. My daughter is taking it all in stride. She is looking at it as an adventure. Also I have to say we are moving maybe 20-25 miles away, not far. However my son who will be 15 in about a month is not happy at all. He says we are ruining his life and has told his nanny that he will figure someway to stay in franklin. I think he was hinting to live with her, but she told him he would go where ever his family went. So my question is has anyone else had this problem when they have moved? If so how has it worked out. What are some tips you could share?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeanna in NC
:monke:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi again Jeanna! My 15 yr old thought the same thing when we moved. She now has a boyfriend(her first) and has adjusted well.We told her that friendship has no distance and thet her old friends would still be there for her if they were true friends. Good luck and I am so happy that you have found a solution to your problems. Plus it is closer to your Dhs work so that will be a money saver too!

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
{hugs} No advice here, just prayers for you and your family that it works out ok. :angel:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
15 year olds think everything stinks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He'll adjust........... Good luck with the new start ..........

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hugz: Jeanna
First let me say that I am so proud of you for not filing bankruptcy and for trying to work with the people that you owe debts to. I know that having to loose your home is not easy, but it does look like God is honoring you by providing another home with lower payments. Next, your 15 year old will adjust. I have a 15 year old and two 13 year olds. They swear they would die if we ever moved! LOL! I keep telling them that I moved 6 times in one year when I was 15 and I survived! Plus, I got to live in some cool places (one a ranch twice and by the beach twice) while we built the family home. And lastly, I pray that things will be looking up for all of you financially!!! Be blessed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts