Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Well I guess one of the other women in dh's office overheard her and dh talking about the coffee as she came to dh and told him she was sorry if she was rude. Dh told her that it was fine but knowing me the way he does I would still send in whatever brand is the cheapest. Whether she will buy her own who knows.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What a perceptive woman. That was nice of her to apologize to your dh like that. Let us know if she eventually brings in her own.

For what it's worth, my dh always says that he can't tell the difference in coffee....it's all the same to him. I wonder if most coffee drinkers are like that.

·
Registered
213 Posts
For what it's worth, my dh always says that he can't tell the difference in coffee....it's all the same to him. I wonder if most coffee drinkers are like that.
Ugh. I can most definitely tell the difference. I'm a big Starbucks fan, but I think the coffee at Dunkin Donuts tastes just awful. And the coffee sold at the cafe at school has an aftertaste reminiscent of turkey. Seriously. It's disgusting. I will drink Folgers, Kona, and several other brands of supermarket coffee, but I won't touch Maxwell House.

Back on topic, it was really big of that woman to apologize. Good for her. Sometimes we all do rude things without thinking about it, but it takes integrity to own up to it when we're called out.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I can tell the difference in coffee too.
Starbucks is too strong for me, and I also don't like Maxwell house.
Usually at home we drink Folger's or Barnie's is it is a special occassion.
Dunkin Donuts is my favorite. I love when I get gift cards for there! :coffee3:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
French Market is a good brand. I learned to like cofee drinking French Market.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Kaykwilts- you are luck- you live where you can get the one coffee I actually flip out over - Community Coffee. Last time I went home to Mississippi I bought a case to bring back. When it comes to Folgers/Maxwell House, etc. I can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Wal-mart sells a decent store brand coffee. I also like the Kroger brand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts