Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~Anyone else want to take their blog more seriously in 2010? Or maybe inspire and mentor others with your current level of commitment and expertise? Join in!

Name of your blog?

General description of your blog?

Link to it?

What are your goals for your blog in 2010?

Using your year goal, what is something you want to accomplish in January?

Remember to subscribe to this thread when you join. Click "Thread Tools" above this post and then "Subscribe". You can check your subscribed threads through your User CP in the above left blue bar.
Whenever you update your blog, come back to this thread and post the title of your latest post and a link to it if you'd like.
Feel free to share tips, articles and helpful websites with those of us who are less experienced, ask questions and chat about blogging in this thread.
Be sure to visit this thread often to update your progress on you goals and encourage others in this challenge!~

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Name of your blog?

"Lately Reconstructed"

A sewing journal of projects made mostly from recycled clothes. I also post new material projects and quilts occasionally.

Link to it?

http://latelyreconstructed.wordpress.com/

I want to increase my posting from 3 posts per month to 12 posts per month. I also want to post at least 6 patterns or tutorials.

I plan to post one tutorial and at least 6 posts. I also want to give the blog a general update: links, favorites, description, etc.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Blog links should go in the blog directory and updates can be posted there, too. Let me know if there are any problems with the directory since the server move.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I am in. Posted once in 2009 until Dec *sigh*

Be back with my info later.

Reactions: nuisance26

·
Registered
513 Posts
This is probably a dumb question but how do you start a blog. This is something I am interested in but I don't know how to get started.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm in ~ I have 2 blogs. One is my cooking blog that I update at least 5 times a week. The other is my challenge blog, which is new and is really just a place for me to keep on top of all my personal challenges.

Here's the link to get to my cooking blog blog through FV ~ http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?ltr=A&t=105620 ~ there's a link to my other blog there.

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
~Thanks Libby but that is a list of blogs hosted here at FV. I think we're looking for a directory of blogs outside of FV. I keep looking but every blog link leads me to the FV blogs.~

·
Registered
547 Posts
I just started again this past month or so, doing ok for now but "yes" would like to keep it up so count me in

Name...Life and times on a Iowa farm

right here on FV

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
~Nancy, please tell me how you found that. I can't seem to backtrack and find where on FV it actually is.~

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
~Thank you, Nancy! Don't know why I haven't seen that forum before. It hasn't been very active this year, has it?
There's a post from Sara at the top of the forum that explains a bit about what kinds of link can be posted. So if our blogs fit the criteria, we should post links over in the Community Links section.
This thread can continue with descriptions of our blogs, our goals and any general blogging discussion.
I'm not sure if we'll need to update here if we update a blog in the Community Link forum. Does it automatically update once your link is in place or should we manually post an update in that forum?
I love finding new-to-me features on FV, especially after being here for three years! Now I just have to figure out how to use them. :rollsmile~

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
thanks for posting this. I didn't know it existed...or forgot. My blog is on there...with a very poor rating. However that's to be expected. I was doing everything wrong. I had no idea of blog etiquette till this fall/winter. Thank goodness for daughters to enlighten one! I'm going through it now and editing/deleting/adding/changing things. So this thread is very appropo for me.

I was given a book "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey for Christmas, and intend to use it to help me sort out the mess I've made. Not sure whether to start a new blog or fix the old one. Right now I'm trying to fix the old one. But I thoroughly intend to leave the religious stuff up. It's so integrated with my life one can hardly separate it from my activities.

Course...maybe separating the crafting stuff out...hmm...my first order of business is to simply decide what my blog focus is going to be!

I'm Jean from "Jean's Journey" btw.

My personal goal will be to increase the readership of my blog to 100 people on a regular basis.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
My blog is listed in the directory. It is also in my signature.

I am pretty good about my blog. I update it daily, for the most part. However, I'm thinking about migrating to my own website in the new year. I'd like to get a regular readership of at least 50 hits a day before I do that, though. Seems silly to pay for my own website if I only have 13 people reading it.

So, for now, I'm enjoying blogging a great deal and expect to continue throughout the new year.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Here is my new Word Press blog.
http://emilyd1037.wordpress.com/

Name of your blog?
EmilyD1037's Daily Reflections

Just everyday normal stuff and probably meeting my 2010 goals

Link to it? See above

To track my daily activites and my set of goals for the year

One of my main goals is to finish all the "ongoing" projects that I have going for the LHC.

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
~Jean, I am really curious about blog etiquette. I've seen your blog many times and nothing about(that I remember) seemed off. Enlighten me so I don't make the same mistake!~

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Apparently you aren't supposed to mention religion. You also aren't supposed to mention anything about family that might come back to bite you or them. I'm afraid I have and that's what's being taken off now. People tend to prefer blogs that make them feel good...not ones that people dump their family problems onto. I made the mistake of treating mine like a journal. I thought people might benefit from hearing my story. Don't know if they did or not. From the looks of my rating --- NOT!

Also blogs are supposed to have some kind of focus. Mine is all over the place. And be written in on a regular basis. Mine used to be, but I didn't receive a lot of comments, so wasn't motivated to write more. It's been pretty erratic with life getting so busy as well. As my daughter says, people need to have a reason to return to my blog. What's the draw? What am I providing for them? Who's my audience?

Sigh...so much to think about... Also my blog has a boring look to it. I don't know html and other coding to figure out how to change the look. That's why I bought Tara Frey's book. It explains all that. And i'm ready for something new besides gingko leaves!

Also I need to make it more visually appealing in general...more and better photos, etc. Have to figure out this tags business...and linking to other blogs...and leaving comments on blogs linking to my blog, etc. I guess more advertising of my blog.

Lots to work on...

1 - 20 of 117 Posts