Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of this today, so I figured I'd start the thread today!

Personally, I'm hoping to increase readership of the blog in the new year. I was averaging 100 hits a day, but since a post I posted last week went mini-viral, I'm up to about 200 per day and I have many more subscribers. This makes me happy. :)

So, I hope to continue to increase that number in the new year. I'm contemplating switching over and making the site my own so I can make revenue from ads, but I'm just not sure about that yet. I've had the blog for quite a few years, now, and am committed to it, so I know I won't buy the address and then never use it. I'm just not 100% positive about making that plunge.

I'm also adding a new page to the blog in 2013 which I call "New Year, New Me" as I track some personal goals. I've culled the pages I had and only kept the ones that I think are interesting and that I know I will add to. I'm also thinking about changing up or adding some new regular features. Right now, the regular features I have are Wordless Wednesday and Five Question Friday. We'll have to see and I'll need to look at my stats to see which types of posts are the most popular.

Overall, I'm pleased with how my blog grew in 2013 and I am hoping to expand it even further in 2013. Oh, and I will be doing more linking between my personal blog and my author blog in the hopes of moving that area of my life forward, as well. :)

So, who's with me???

Reactions: madhen

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Norwegian blog grew out of porpotions this winter because of some homemade christmas posts. I need to keep up that with inspiring post during the whole year, not just the holliday season.

My English blog is redesigned, and edited. Now its just post from december, and it looks totaly new (I only had a couple post, and it looked so messy). I am making a plan, and stikking to it. Thinking that this wil eventually be my main blog. I reach a whole other audience when writing in English. I am going to write myself some goals for the new year, goals and visions axtually.

Reactions: madhen and AmyBoz

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't it interesting how one or two well-timed posts can suddenly completely change the face of a blog? Added your blog to my Google Reader!

T

·
0 Posts
I've actually just signed up for a new blog. Kind of trying to start over. It's more for myself at this point than anyone else.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still going strong. I'll actually be posting my 1,000th post on Wednesday! Having a contest to celebrate. Feeling pretty proud of that milestone!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I'm still plugging away at my weekly ranch blog, and now I've added a new blog dedicated solely to my gardening efforts. :)

My readership is pretty much nil, probably just my sister (!), but it is still fun to document each week, so I'll keep it up.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
AmyBoz, I don't know why I am not getting notified of your new blogs. :( I thought I had it set to let me know, but I don't see your blog in my list, so I'm going to have to work on figuring out what I did wrong!

Herbolina, I added your blog to my favourites list. I am the generic follower called "D," in case you wonder. ;)

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Amy, didn't you change your blog address? If so, just a friendly reminder to update your FV signature.

I blog every now and again. I'll try to remember to post here when I do.

·
8,714 Posts
~Wow Amy, 1000 posts, that's incredible. Between my current sewing blog and the one I had years ago through FV(that was lost)I probably have/had 200 total posts. :p
You did inspire me to check my blog stats which I haven't done for quite a while. Also averaging 100 hits a day and am nearing 200 subscribers. Had no idea. Cool!
I've made 6 posts this year. Big time stuff here. ;) I am aiming for at least 52 posts this year.~

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have been attempting to update my blog more this year :) Right now I am updating it at least once a week with the results of our "no new stuff in 2013 challenge" (which is going well). I was actually shocked at how much attention this new challenge is getting. I am up to 4,700 hits a month right how! Total of 31,027 since starting the blog....just blows my mind.

I am using my husband's computer right now which is a bit temperamental and will not allow me to change my signature on here. Here is my blog: http://www.mimi-on-a-mission.blogspot.com/

Once he gets home from his trip with my laptop I will get the link in my siggy.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's been going well...I've been keeping up with the blog because I'm afraid not to now that the book has been published. I'm not getting much more traffic, but enough to make me want to be sure to stay on top of things, blogging-wise!

Reactions: nuisance26

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I've been a blogging fool, between my gardening blog and my weekly ranch blog. Posted an entry in both today. Still no readers, but I like keeping a visual record of how my garden is doing, so no worries. :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had a post go mini-viral on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week. I posted about the end of the school year from a teacher's perspective and on Thursday, I had 374 hits, which I thought was amazing. Friday brought 1,931 hits, and Saturday was 2,136! My head spun a little bit! :) Back down today with today's post, but still at 545 and it's only 3:17 pm. You never know what is going to get shared and get the love! :)

Reactions: MyMelody
1 - 20 of 22 Posts