Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official sign up for FRIENDSHIP BLOCK SWAP - ALL QUILTERS PLEASE READ

As you all know Chelle and I are really excited about our first friendship block swap. Here is the block we will be making http://ttsw.com/BlockOfTheMonth/1997/FriendshipStar.html and will be doing it in the 6 inches, just as in the instructions.

This is the official sign up thread. Sign up will be officially closed on Jan. 24th, 12 p.m. (central time) and then will go from there.

There are a few rules:

~all blocks must be made with 100% cotton

~all blocks, when complete will be sent to Michelle (Chelle). You will not receive any blocks until you have sent your finished blocks to her. We won't know how many blocks we are making until the 24th. On the 25th, I'll post exactly how many blocks will each need to make. The nice thing about this is that the blocks will only be 6 inches when complete, so the cost will remain low.

~when you sign up, please post the color you want your blocks in. Your blocks will be done in "white" and the color of your choice.

~tentative date to have all blocks complete, April 17th and then in the mail to Chelle so that she has them for April 30th.

Okay ladies, thats it. Have fun making these blocks and enjoy the blocks you receive.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I am really excited about this one. It should be a lot of fun! :)

My color choice is blue.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
For those of you who sign up and don't have my address, please PM me, and I'll send it to you :)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also please remember that if you find the cost will be prohibitive and you need some help with the material, please pm me. We had enough wonderful volunteers in the first thread willing to help with extra material.

Please don't let the fact you won't have enough material stop you from having fun in this swap.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
I am super excited also. My color choice is yellow. Also if anyone is in need of fabric please let me know I have plenty and would love to share.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I would like to join too. my color of choice is blue. :D

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Sure you can Debbie :)...you can change yours if you want...just edit your post above so there's no confusion (ie change it from purple to whatever and then delete the one you just wrote asking if two can have the same color.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Debbie, as Chelle said, its your choice as to which color you want. Its up to each individual quilter their color they choose.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh - okay - sorry to be confused today :loop: I'll stay with purple - I've already pulled it out & started cutting...

Apologies to all of you ladies! I have a migraine & it's all I can do to think, much less think & hope it all makes sense! :dis:

Just ignore me - maybe I'll go away! :sigh: ;)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
:hugz: Debbie

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Laura just so you understand. The colors each person has chosen is the colors they want their blocks done in by everyone. Does that make sense. So everyone that is making a block for me would make it in red and white, eveyone would make Chelle's blocks in blue and white.

So are you saying you want your blocks made by everyone in burgundy?

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
CJ and Chelle,

I'm really :confused: I have never heard of a Friendship Block Quilt, so I don't really know what it is? I have a ton of questions.

1) Does the white part have to be plain white, printed white (tone on tone) or off white? Does it matter?

2) We are going to make a block of each person's color? Not for instance, 20 blocks in our own color?

3) Can our color be using a print in that color, or must it be a solid?

I know I'm being a :dunce: here. :(

BTW - I'm in! :D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
homesteadmamma said:
Laura just so you understand. The colors each person has chosen is the colors they want their blocks done in by everyone. Does that make sense. So everyone that is making a block for me would make it in red and white, eveyone would make Chelle's blocks in blue and white.

So are you saying you want your blocks made by everyone in burgundy?
Oh heck CJ ~ I didn't realize that - glad you cleared that up for me! (migraine remnants you know!)

I thought I was supposed to make - say - 12 of the same block & send to Chelle to send to everyone as my "purple contribution" to their quilt! I'm sorry girls - take me out - I'm not going to be able to swing this one.....

Okay.....breathe in slowly Deb & let it all out - there you go.....maybe I should go through a "how to join a quilting thread" tutorial before I try a quilt!

:loser:

CJ & Chelle - if I ever post to join a quilting thread again, just delete me! And I'm voluntarily turning my quilting icon back in to you!

Sorry again!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay ladies, heres your answers.

1) Does the white part have to be plain white, printed white (tone on tone) or off white? Does it matter? here is needs to be plain white or white on white - NOT OFF WHITE

2) We are going to make a block of each person's color? Not for instance, 20 blocks in our own color? this is correct. Everyone will make a blue block for Chelle, everyone will make a red block for me, and so forth.

3) Can our color be using a print in that color, or must it be a solid? It can be either, whichever you decide

Debbie, please don't bow out. If you need material, pm me and I'll make sure you get the colors you need. Again, if anyone needs material please let me know and I'll make sure you get the material you need. We want all our fv friends to be a part of the friendship swap.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts