Frugal Village Forums banner

**UPDATED** - UGH - new frying pan needed. What type do you recommend?

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Pepper 
#1 ·
UGH - new frying pan needed. What type do you recommend?

Everything we cook in our frying pan sticks. Poor dh, this morning he cooked eggs for himself and they all stuck. So it's off to get a new frying pan in the next few days.

What type do you have and would you recommend it to anyone?

#2 ·
I got a great heavy cast aluminum with teflon (one of the newer teflons) from Costco that I love and have used a lot for the last 2 years.

it doesn't warp, the non stick is pretty good (it's scratched now but I give it very heavy use) and it's a good size and shape.

#3 ·
It says on the bottom

Bialetti

Made in Italy.

and it cost about 26$ I think but I've seen them since.

trick is to get a heavy enough or thick enough aluminum with the non stick.

the skinny ones just warp.

So do some of the lighter stainless steel with an aluminum core or copper botoom

#4 ·
For non-sitck, I have on old-ish set that was expensive at the time and I don't think you can buy anymore.

But I did just recently pick up some Farberware pots and pans to replace the old set, which is starting to go downhill. I am very happy with them and the price isn't bad at all.

(Of course, MY price was really good- they were from an old set at the tv station, so were only used for a cooking show, and I got them for cheap- the first two were $5 each, then they got desperate to get rid of things before they moved and I got the last 2 for $1 each. Got some nice flannel sheet sets for the extra bedroom- from a show they made- for only $1 a set, too.) :D

#5 ·
I have another pan that is heavy stainless with a heavy aluminum base welded on, that I use for eggs and crepes. It's a rounded smaller one. Not a non stick but it's a nice one, holds it's heat well and doesn't stick badly.

I don't like cleaning my cast iron ones so I prefer either my heavy non stick or the heavy crepe pan.

My Lagostina triply fry pan warped almost right away, although it's ok. It's got straight sides which I don't like.

#10 ·
Cast Iron here!! Love them and they last forever!!

The longer you have them the better they get!!

You must season them well before first use, but after that there awesome!!

#12 ·
I have a saute pan I like. It is teflon coated & has a metal handle & can go in the oven. I have even made a pineapple-upside down cake in it!
I think it is a 10 or 12 inch one. i have had it about 5 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.