Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use the UPromise program to save money for their children for college? I met a financial planner yesterday in the OB's office and he was saying it was a great program. My dh is wary of it, though, like he is with paypal, and I was curious if you guys might have any thoughts.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I've been using it for about a year and have about $12.00 in my account. I use it mostly with my Shoprite card and cvs card, but also have my cc linked to it too. It's slow going, but it's something. I certainly won't have enough for when Ashlee goes to college in 4 years, lol. Maybe for Courtney.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I registered in 2001 and haven't ever used it. :eek: I just linked a cc today and am looking at the 529 plans now.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I've used it for a while. I use my Kroger card and CVS card. Last time I checked it wasn't much and I'm sure it won't be much when dd needs it but at least it's a little bit that we otherwise wouldn't have.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I use it! I started it for DD but as you know we now have Gdd so it will be or her. I have all my grocery cards, cvs card and my credit/debit card linked to it. There's not a lot there yet but I hope someday there will be. I think Kat is linked to that account too, or someone is because it shows that someone else is contributing.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I do under my niece's name (although if/when we have kids I'll have to give it to them....I'm sure Angie will understand...lol). I had my check card linked to it and only bought gas at exxon so I could get $$ for it and I have my CVS card (eventhough I hardly go in there) and I have my lowes food card on there as well.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I just checked my account and I have $29, wow, last time I checked it was like $9, so I guess it does add up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts