1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I read about this last fall. They are starting with the twenties and then I think fifties. It really doesn't matter much to me, it goes through my hands so quick I hardly see it. LOL
:D
Jeanna

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I had also read an article about it last fall, I think Sara posted about it but I had interputed it to mean that they were changing the color of the bills from what I read then. I read an article on Money.com today and they made it look like it was just going to have subtle colors in them, I hope that is how they end up. I just hate to think about using blue 10s or pink 50s, it really would look like Monopoly money then :D.

I am with you Melissa, I am just getting used to the Big Head bills. Money.com said that they would be doing an overhaul of the bills every 7 years or so to try to stay ahead of the counterfeiters.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Our local news did a story on this earlier today. According to our news the $20 will just have a subtle change in the green color. I am also just getting used to the new bills!!!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Sara, you probably already know we have dollar coins, both for the $1 and for the $2, called the loonie and toonie. We no longer have the $1 dollar bill, nor the $2 dollar bill.

Most Canadians have gotten use to the coins, BUT they are a hassle. Wallets will only hold a few and then you can't close them because it just gets too bulky with all the change. Pockets (especially men's) get holes in them very quickly. Change wallets can only hold so much change.

They are bulky when you have pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters, toonies and loonies as change. I would prefer the dollar bills.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts