Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. my freezers and pantry are overflowing. time to shop my freezers and pantry instead of buying groceries at the store. My goal is to use up as much as possible and buy no more than $20 a week in groceries until most things are used up. budget for may is $60. will keep this going until stuff is gone. please join me and lets save money by using what we have!!

here's my menu for the week
dinners
sunday peach bbq chicken, cheesy potatoes, salad
monday shrimp fajitas on low carb tortilla for me- for hubby stuffed chicken with cheese and broccoli, pasta side pouch, frozen veggie
tuesday-pork tenderloin, rice side, frozen veggies
wed meatloaf, mashed potatoes, frozen veggies
thursday meatballs/italian sausage sauce, pasta for hubby low carb pasta and veggies for me salad
friday-leftovers
saturday-chilli, salad

lunches:
meal prepping for myself
chicken salad in a mason jar (2)
dinner leftovers (2)
blackened chicken/hardboiled egg, veggies/greek yogurt dip (3)

breakfast
eggs or protein shakes

·
Registered
26 Posts
If it counts... Since we were given the 40 or so loaves of day old bread that we bagged and put in the freezer.. The only thing we have been to the grocery store for is milk.. This going on 3 weeks plus now..

Our mega grocery store and affiliate pharmacy stores have a bonus points system.. If you accumulate 200,000 points you can cash it in for groceries.. Once a year they have a points are worth 1 1/2 times value cash in... So our points bought us $300 worth of groceries for just the sales tax... The system is easy to use and they list weekly specials that include bonus points on items we regularly use.. We accumulate and cash in our bonus points about every 1 1/2 years... Well worth the effort to manage..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it counts... Since we were given the 40 or so loaves of day old bread that we bagged and put in the freezer.. The only thing we have been to the grocery store for is milk.. This going on 3 weeks plus now..

Our mega grocery store and affiliate pharmacy stores have a bonus points system.. If you accumulate 200,000 points you can cash it in for groceries.. Once a year they have a points are worth 1 1/2 times value cash in... So our points bought us $300 worth of groceries for just the sales tax... The system is easy to use and they list weekly specials that include bonus points on items we regularly use.. We accumulate and cash in our bonus points about every 1 1/2 years... Well worth the effort to manage..
thats wonderful! i wish we had something like that up here

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did good last week and followed my meal plan, we have an app called flash food where you basically get meat and other items for 50 or 60 percent off. that is pretty much how my freezer is packed. didnt buy more groceries. heres my plan for the coming week

tonight daughter made food for my birthday and granddaughters
tomorrow and tues leftovers
wednesday pasta meatballs salad
thursday tacos
friday turkey tenderloin mashed potaoes frozen veggies
saturday chili

1 - 5 of 5 Posts