Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted to start a fresh one for March - for me it recharges my engines and gets me more motivated.

What did you use up in March?

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I'm ready..I'm especially going to concentrate on the half used in the fridge and on one freezer. Not pantry so much as this. If I don't get some of the freezer used/cooked I'm going to lose the stuff. So I'm going to try extra hard this month :hungry:

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing that I have started doing at school when making coffee in our small coffeemaker is for the second batch I just had one new scoop of coffee instead of dumping the old - someone here mentioned it and it does work just fine.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yesterday we used up:
pancake meals from an American Legion pancake supper
leftover lasagna

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I'll try this! I'm going to do the coffee thing too, since I run my coffee pot to make just one cup every morning, might as reuse the grounds. Also the bottles of lotion, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, that all have just a little in them...they are going to be worked on as well. Along with my cosmetics that I have a little bit of this and that. Also the fridge and freezer. Use up the old before buying new. That's all I'm going to commit myself to for now!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Today I;

*made chicken corn noodle soup with a chicken carcass I cooked earlier in the week.

*made turkey and brown rice & rice noodle soup with a turkey carcass I had.

*made sloppy joes with a pepper that was on it's way out and an onion that was starting to sprout.

*on my agenda-going to make burritos to put away in the freezer with leftover burrito filling. Quick meal or snack for the guys.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I guess we're starting a day early so I will post todays here. Did make the chili so used up
1 lg chili beans
1 lg tomato sauce
1 sm tomato paste
2 cans tomatoes
2 onions
1 ziplock hamburger

Took a pkg of bacon out of freezer and will probably do a breakfast for supper a night this week. Hubby love it so that would work and be easy. Maybe two nights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts