Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this on another forum and thought I'd share it here for those of you who are contemplating the purchaes of a used car.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090201/ap_on_bi_ge/dealer_defaults/print

I guess only a portion of being frugal is knowing how to spend wisely. The other part is knowing how not to get taken.

Honestly, you gotta' watch your back everywhere these days!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Wow...I've always paid cash for my cars, but I had no idea that could happen. Thanks for the share. It's good to know.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
It's always a good idea to get a peek at the title before buying, even from a dealership! If the lien portion isn't released, or they can't show you the title..then buyer beware!

I would never have thought of this...but I guess it makes sense!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Not only do you have to worry about the car you buy but if you trade in a not yet paid for car you have to worry about that one as well. Goodness that's scarey. Never have I ever considered that as a possible problem before. :yikes:

·
Registered
938 Posts
I bought my truck from a shady dealer. It took him 8 weeks to pay off my other car... My credit union would call me every day to see when he was going to get them a check. He kept saying "I sent it to the California office". My credit union is in Nevada only. When I talked to the CU, I told them who he was and they said "oh, him, we go through this a lot". The CU was nice enough to not ding my credit though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts