Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scanned my first reciept from walmart. The saving catcher is giving $1.21.
Has anyone else given it a try and what was your saving?

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I'm going to but haven't yet. I still prefer to take my sale papers with me...circled in black marker...and WATCH them price match right then and there. That way I'm right there to gripe if they screw up. But then when I go I'm going armed with several sale papers and many many coupons. It's not uncommon for me to have between $150 and $200 worth of groceries etc and only pay $50 to $75. Or even less which I've done several times also. Don't want to chance Walmarts screw up or screw you over.
I'll continue to price match in the store then when I get home do the Savings Catcher for anything they MIGHT pick up that I missed myself.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to but haven't yet. I still prefer to take my sale papers with me...circled in black marker...and WATCH them price match right then and there. That way I'm right there to gripe if they screw up. But then when I go I'm going armed with several sale papers and many many coupons. It's not uncommon for me to have between $150 and $200 worth of groceries etc and only pay $50 to $75. Or even less which I've done several times also. Don't want to chance Walmarts screw up or screw you over.
I'll continue to price match in the store then when I get home do the Savings Catcher for anything they MIGHT pick up that I missed myself.
I agree, I see walmart price match and the savings catcher as 2 different things.

The price match you get the difference. you pay the other price.

The catcher gives you a egift card for the difference to spend at Walmart.

I will price match on the things I know about and use the saving catcher to catch the ones I missed.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I was wondering what stores it compared to and If I could do better on my "own". Guess I should break down and replace the cell phone now,eh?
Other than groceries I don't know...like cell phones
Grocery wise....it depends what stores are in a very reasonable radius. Ours matches ...CVS, Walgreens, Publix, Winn Dixie, Save A Lot, Aldis, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree ... and think there's another...can't remember.
Supposedly you don't need the sale paper according to their online coupon policy...BUT...take it with you circled with what you're matching because not all of the cashiers have the sale papers. It's nothing that Walmart provides for them...they have to collect all those stores papers themselves so YOU be prepared. I always tell the cashier first that I'm price matching .. then lay my price match stuff on the belt first with one batch of like items at a time then show her the add AND WATCH WHAT SHE DOES.... then put the second round of like items on there. Last I put up the non price match and tell her it's done. I don't give the coupons until the transaction is over. I also count before I get to the register just how many coupons I have .... then check right after the receipt to count how many she actually subtracted.

If I'm on my game and have it all together on a $100 order ... just an example...I expect to pay no more than $25 to $30. Sometimes less. I've had items they've paid me to take out of the store. Not only free but made money to pay for meat, fruit etc.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used the cell phone app. But you do not have to have the cell phone. You can put it the receipt in at Walmart saving catcher or something similar on the computer ( internet). It also had a way to tie in to something ( like a phone number) and it would automatically check all your receipts from Walmart at the registar I was not interested in that so I am not sure how that works.

As for places it checks:

Mine said it found 21 places in my area. It included Jc Penney's, Office supply stores in our area, family dollar, dollar general, the local pharmacies (3 of them), our local grocery stores (3 ALldi's was included in the grocery store), etc I do not get paper ads for many of those places. It basically did all the stores in our area that even sell anything close to what they sell.

They sent me an e-mail with the saving listed and where they found the deal. They also showed me thing that I bought that were on advertised sale for higher at some were else. Like Pringles Walmart $1.45 Our local Grocery store had them on sale for $1.50.

Edited: ON the subject of Price match. when I price match I do not have the ads I just tell them as does everyone else. Our cashiers have been told the prices in all the local grocery stores. Years ago I price matched a DVD on Black Friday and the sale person said she did need to see that ad because the price difference was so high. ( note they may have a diffrent policy for Black Friday Price match now they they did over a decade ago)

·
8,714 Posts
~I've entered 4 receipts over a month's time(total spent about $115)and got back a little over $4. I already really know where the best place and usually the best time to buy each type of thing and stick to it 95% of the time so I didn't think I'd let a lot of comparison stuff slip through the cracks. It's that other 5% of impulse buys of chips or ice cream that seems to what I'm getting money back on.
I think it's an awesome program. A company giving money back and they initiated the program? That's really unique and good PR!~

·
8,714 Posts
~Oh, and I don't have a cell phone at all so I do it online. I already had a Walmart.com account for online purchases so it was lightening fast for me to start the Catcher program. It takes 10 seconds to type in the receipt number and the date. Then my savings show up on my account dashboard a few days later. Easy!~

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
~I've entered 4 receipts over a month's time(total spent about $115)and got back a little over $4. I already really know where the best place and usually the best time to buy each type of thing and stick to it 95% of the time so I didn't think I'd let a lot of comparison stuff slip through the cracks. It's that other 5% of impulse buys of chips or ice cream that seems to what I'm getting money back on.
I think it's an awesome program. A company giving money back and they initiated the program? That's really unique and good PR!~
Impulse buy of soda was where I got my savings from the catcher. Walmart said a grocery store had it for $1. I looked at that store's ad and it said $1 each when you buy 6. I did not buy 6 but Walmart still said the compared price was $1each thus giving me a savings.

I thought that was nice.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does any one know?

After signing up I got an e mail ( from the photo center walmart) for free 1 hour prints

and it said

1)Add this credit to your account ( and it gave me a code)
2)select 1 hour service
3) pick up at your local walmart

how does that work?

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
thanks. I am thrilled about the no cell phone thing. I will get one before winter but have saved on not having one for 9mo. now.

Well,thats sounds good on the amt and variety of stores. TBH I thought,oh yeah,sure just at the most expensive stores I dont shop at to begin w/.
Glad to be wrong. Big Lot is good. It is my junk food connection. I also figured Walmart would have odd sizes so it wouldnt line up. Our WM isnt that close but if i go to the far S.A. I should try it this time.

·
8,714 Posts
~I cashed in my savings from August-December. Grand total of $9. Like I said, I already know who has the best price on most everything I buy regularly and we do the bulk of our shopping in other stores anyway so it's about what I expected. I'll take it though! It's definitely worth the 20 seconds of effort to get the site up and type in my receipt code.~

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
NikoSan, how are you saving so much at Walmart? Do they price match Publix bogo's? I stopped going to Walmart years ago because of all the flack I got over coupons. Have things gotten better? Thanks for your help.😊

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I use the Walmart Savings catcher all the time since most of my shopping is done at Walmart. Even better is you get DOUBLE back if you have the Bluebird American Express card.

You can link them together and waala free money! The bluebird card is available at walmart and I think till the end of February it's free (no initial charge) and all you have to do is load $1 on it. Check into it!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
NikoSan, how are you saving so much at Walmart? Do they price match Publix bogo's? I stopped going to Walmart years ago because of all the flack I got over coupons. Have things gotten better? Thanks for your help.
I'm sorry ... I didn't see this until today. Yes, I was price matching Publix BOGO's among all the other stores. But Publix and Winn Dixies added to it. However their store coupon policy changed in ... October??? ... think October and supposedly they will still do the match for the BOGO's but only at the other stores price. But also hear that it's up to the individual Walmart managers whether they do that or continue to do it at Walmarts price.

I haven't tried it since then. I had SO SO SO much stuff from doing it before the coupon policy change I haven't bought much. I keep saying I'm going to take a sale paper with me from Publix the next time I go and try to do just a couple BOGO's and see what mine is doing with it. If I have to pay Publix price I may as well go to Publix. But also understand that other than BOGO's it's still the same.

I would say in about 3 months I bought more than $1000 in groceries...between $1000 and $1400 ( lost some receipts ) and I paid probably $300 to $375 in money. Yeah...takes time but SO worth it.
And that includes meat, milk, veggies and fruit...frozen, fresh and canned.

Reactions: mamamia

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Thanks NikoSan.....and I couldn't agree more about it being worth it. It just used to be so much better, not to mention easier. Now even Publix has their new coup policy, making it more difficult to save. I never paid more than $45 for about $100-$120 worth of groceries in Publix. With the bogo deals and coupons it was a cinch. Now even Target coupons have changed to read "one per customer"! �� they were my biggest savings tool combining with MCs on bogo's at Publix. SIGH! �� anyway, glad you're still finding deals. I enjoy your posts!

Theresa ��

1 - 20 of 25 Posts