Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good recipes or ideas for using potato skins other than just frying them in oil and cheese? I'd like to use 'em up, becuase the recipe I'm using calls for 6 potatoes, but I don't want to eat all those unhealthy greasy potato skins. :munch: :scale:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
oooh oooh oooh!! I had an idea! Why not season and fry em up crispy, then chop em up and sprinkle over the top of a salad (alternative to "bacon bits")

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
or to add texture to a potato salad...or on a dressed baked potato...or...as crunchies to dress a twice baked potato...or....

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, they would make nice little "bacon bits", that's a great thought. I'll just have to bake them really thoroughly. I'll let you ladies know how it goes. :)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I used to toss them in a little bit of olive oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese and bake them until crispy. They are soooo good!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I have no suggestions really just wanted to comment that the ones given sound soooo yummy, ALL OF THEM! :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
I used to toss them in a little bit of olive oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese and bake them until crispy. They are soooo good!
This is what I do. Bake them until they are crispy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts