Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used to be, we had to call in our gas meter reading b/c we don't have a gate for the readers to come onto the property. Anyway, anbout 6 weeks ago, the city installed a new gadget on the gas meter that would send out a signal to the reader & now, we don't have to worry about calling in our reading. Well... yesterday, a utility worker wanted on the property to read the meter to make sure that it was working correcting - the city utility co. was baffled b/c our gas reading kept showing "0".
When we were under the old way of doing things - even if we didn't use any gas - the co would still charge us for at least 1 therm of gas.GGGRRR....so hopefully, now with this new reading system, we won't be unfairly charged.....but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
This sounds like something I went through this winter. Utility company came and put a new meter in. That same month my utility shot up to $100. All the other months after there was barely any usage. I seem to get a lot of heat from the neighbors. LOL (in an apartment building)

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Hope it works out that you don't have to pay for gas you aren't using. :thumb:

·
Registered
979 Posts
I can't believe that they would charge you even if you don't use any.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Now that is funny!

I also hope this new meter keeps you from having to pay for something you didn't use!!!

I know around here, we have a minimum usage rate! So, we always have a bill and the minimum, to me, isn't cheap!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I can just imagine the gas company trying to figure out why you aren't using any gas! LOL!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Well, that would totally stink if you had to pay for something you didn't use. However, we, too, have minimum usage charges, so we pay just for having the service.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Well I hope things stay that your not charged for 0 usage, it wouldnt be fair to charge you for something you didnt use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts