Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I have travelled quite a bit, and maybe it's me getting older, but the more I travel, the less I want to do it. I don't like strange beds, getting lost, and unfamiliar surroundings. And don't get me started on airplane travel. Plus, I seem to enjoy vacations less when I think about how much they cost.

So this year, I advocated for a "vacation at home" for my 40th birthday. We can go to the movies, the spa, in the hot tub, out to dinner, etc., but just right around home. Or we can lounge around all day in our PJs!

Has anyone else done this?

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
In my adult life, I've never actually taken a vacation away from home.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
We do this 4 times a year, usually in mid May, late July, mid September and then mid November. We schedule it around the crops and the county fair :) May and July for hay if we time it right, Sept for the fair, Nov for corn. This also allows hubbies guys to have vacation time over Christmas/thanksgiving/new years with their families.

I don't think I'd know how to react going somewhere on a REAL vacation.

Last off the farm "vacation" we took was a week in 2000 for the AMHR (horse) nationals show in MO and trust me we WORKED and PLAYED a months worth in those nine days!

kj

·
Registered
639 Posts
I had a 2 week vacation at home in August. Ds and I really enjoyed it. We took time to just do whatever, eat out some, and really relax. It was nice to enjoy being home with no appt. or commitments.
I do love to travel, but it can be way more destressing to stay home and enjoy some of what our small town has to offer.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
We have done this also.
We'll usually just plan our days
going to local places, visiting our
favorites parks, cooking on the grill.

You're right it's very relaxing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts