Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do your children attend vacation bible school? I just dropped Chris and Dakota off. Ours is from 6 pm to 8:45 pm every night this week. I almost forgot about it, but Dakota reminded me. They love to go. :angel2: :angel2:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My 3 are too old to do it now, but they all have gone in the past and even worked as "helpers" at our old church. I taught VBS for 5 years and loved it!!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
This is the 11th year I've been involved in VBS. The last 3 years I've been the "scorekeeper" for the Junior class-that's 4th, 5th and 6th grade. It's alot of fun. Kind of like going to summer camp, lol.

Ours is from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and starts on July 7.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
We are in the midst od VBS right now. I was a storyteller one night and am helping with refreshments the rest. Ours is 6:30 - 8:30 and right now we only have about 25 kids. Last year we had many more but alot are on vacation right now.

pat

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have taught in the past, but now only bring refreshments. It is so much fun. I think I enjoy it more than they do. I love waiting the last 30 minutes in the sanctuary with them. That is when they have all their music.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Our VBS will be the 3rd week of July. We are using SCUBA this year. It is wonderful. I head up the Bible exploration unit every year, I have 3 kids from the High School Drama club help me with skits. Right now I am designing the whale we are going to "dive into searching for Jonah".
For the past 3 years the 5 area churches have gone together. We have about 160-175 kids with about 100 parents helping. Last year was so terrific I cried the last day because I didn't want it to be over!

Website for our VBS programs use
www.groupvbs.com

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Some years my kids are really into it, and other years they don't want to go. I don't force them, but I try to remind them of all the fun they usually have. Ours doesn't start until mid July.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts