Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:heartsm: :smooch: :heartsm: I need some ideas for my sons Young 5's class for valentines day!! The other parents dont do anything for the holidays so i would like to make something special for them. Weather it be baked or made? Any ideas would be wonderful!!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I saw this idea on a site somewhere. I'm afraid I can't give you a link as I didn't bookmark it, I only made notes for myself as I thought it was cute.

The children bought in old empty boxes, toothpaste boxes or similar and wrapped them and tied them with ribbons or bows and attached this poem:

I took an ordinary box,
as empty as can be,
I filled it with a special gift,
and wrapped it carefully.

But please don't ever open it,
just leave the bow applied, (or ribbon tied)
And hold it tightly near your heart,
Because my love for you's inside!

They took them home for their parents. The lady that had received one of these gifts said it was the best she had ever had and kept it for years. Awwww :hugz:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That is so cute Bev !!!!!!!
Are these gifts to give the children or things for them to make for parents ?????? Bev's idea is adorable !!!!!!!
We are making something for the students..... We bought Life savors story books on clearance for 45c..... Thats 8 rolls..... We are going to make a little wrapper to go on them from the computer..... Pretty good Valentine for a nickle ......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Theses are for the kids. The parents hardly donate anything for the partys. I loved both your ideas!! Im gonna tell Cody's teacher about the one. Thanks

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
The box idea was a great idea. :D

I'm not sure if what ideas you are looking for are food, games, cards, etc. But you could make some cupcakes or go to the dollar store and get little gift bags and put cookies in them or some little candies. Do schools still exchange valentines? I remember doing that when I was younger!! :D So much fun.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I made some little bags with a few Hershey's kisses in them (cuz I got them on clearance) Conversations hearts or any candy would work fine...... Attach this note.........

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
I like to eat candy,
and I thought you would too !
Happy Valentine's day !

(My dd wrote that wonderful piece)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts