Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is almost here. It is always nice that it lands on the weekend for those who celebrate it. Does anyone have anything special planned?

Hubby and I dont usually do much for it. It is usually acknowledged and depending on if he is home...which he usually isnt...we might do something random. We mutually feel that there shouldnt be just one day designed for couple to "express" their love for one another...so, we do it everyday and save the money and pressure that many people we know feel to try to impress.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
We decided not to spend on it. I bought a few cards for those closest. Dmom loves cards
I was thinking I might use crescent rolls to make a heart shaped pizza,I already have the sauce,pepperoni,pineapple and cheese
Also, I have choc chips and I'm thinking choc. like pineapple,pretzels,cashews and such

·
Registered
871 Posts
We usually cook a nice dinner. It depends on our finances at the time it comes around. This year, we miiiight go out to dinner. But I have some nice things to eat here if we don't. We won't be doing gifts, just because we can't. And it's ok. When we can we do! I don't need flowers or gifts to tell me how much he loves me, that I already know! But I do like to be pampered! :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
We always opt to stay in. The restaurants are usually very crowded in our area on Valentine's Day. We plan on making a heart shaped pizza (and like the poster above I've got all the stuff already here) and DH requested mud pie for dessert so I'll be making that as well. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I got an orchid hubby picked out at Trader Joes (early); and I'm making him a mason jar full of "Bloody Mary cherry tomatoes," marinated vodka, hot sauce, and some spices. I'll be cooking at home, Shepherd's Pie, and dark chocolate brownies with macadamia nuts (his fav) for dessert. No cards. They are sweet but collect in piles and then I have to feel bad about tossing them. Restaurants here are too crowded.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
We haven't done anything in the past but this year BF is having bi-op on Wednesday after so got him a new chair because his fell apart bad.. I have to work today and tomorrow night so won't be doing much..

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
We do not celebrate.....restaurants are too crowded and especially since it's on a Saturday nite this year, you would have to wait for hours........we aren't even going try..... And, since I don't cook on weekends, we will probably have Subway or pizza....

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend....

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
We too skip the crowds and bustle. We have a nor'easter coming today, but that doesn't change our plans to enjoy a nice dinner with steak and baked potato and then watch a movie (free from the library) once the kids are down for the night. I was hoping to grill the steak but I'm not grilling in the middle of a major storm! We don't exchange gifts or cards either, though I have a little gift for the little ones. A teddy bear ballerina heart snow globe for dd6, from the free center, and a Chewbacca mug for ds9 that I grabbed at Walmart after Xmas for around $2. That's the extent of our V-day spending, outside of the kids' class party stuff! We have 3 major birthdays in a month's time around here right now, so VDay is pretty far down the list in terms of making a big show of it for us as a couple.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Being single, Valentine's Day isn't really on the radar, but this year it's pretty much swamped by Mardi Gras here in Louisiana.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
and I'm making him a mason jar full of "Bloody Mary cherry tomatoes," marinated vodka, hot sauce, and some spices.
Recipe please!!!

every year is the same for us; dh gives me a gorilla and a card and I make hot wings and strawberry shortcake with HM sponge cake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts