Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you all doing for your loved ones at Valentines day. I'm not sure what to do, however I would love to do something romantic. My husband isn't the romance type, but he still needs swept off his feet too...I would love to hear your ideas on this.

Thanks a bunch!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I pack little surprises in his lunch -- like a special cookie or candy and a card or something else not food -- usually handmade. Last year I made a fabric postcard for him to keep in his cubicle at work.

I also plan a nice dinner -- It's easier for us to eat in because of all the special dietary requirements we have. I also try to make some sort of heart shaped dessert, even if it is only red jello.

Haven't really thought that far ahead this year.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have to work :( so my DH will be home alone until aroudn 9:30... I might make him something yummy to heat up and have for dinner that night.

We are taking a nice vacation ( Dominican Republic ) in March so we're really trying to save money, and all the bells and whistles for the trip! :mushy:

·
Registered
570 Posts
My sister gave us a gift cert. to a steakhouse for Christmas and we are using it for Valentine's Day. we decided to make each other cards this year and no presents because we are going to Disney World at the end of the month for our anniversary and birthday presents.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Zac's in Iraq so I will mail him a romantic card and a coupon for some free loving :hubba:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
The 3 of us (yes, DD too) will spend the night home, I may make heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes for dinner.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm thinking I will buy a bag of dove choc and make a sucker bouquet. We as well have a gf to a restaraunt given to use by the bank when we purchased our house in June we'll prolly cash in on.

·
Registered
224 Posts
On Valentine's day we will exchange cards and on the weekend we will go out and have a date (lunch and movie).

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I am working on v-day and will not get home untill late. We never do much. 2 years ago I made a heart shaped pizza and took it home when I got off of work. Pepperoni of course.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Zac's in Iraq so I will mail him a romantic card and a coupon for some free loving :hubba:
yeah, just another stinkin' lonely day here too :sigh:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
oh, I forgot to add:

the boys do get a little "love" :)

I'll make little baskets with small boxes of chocolate and a stuffed cute lovey thing :)

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I'm totally borrowing your 'sexually deprived for your freedom' line. Love it!

Wesley and I are probably going to do something fun---probably wil just watch a movie and crash on the couch.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Since it's a Thursday, there's not a whole lot you can do in so far as going out to dinner is concerned since I will have to work the next day. Actually, as of right now I'm scheduled to be out of town for work on the 14th, but I'm trying to change that.

BF and I are going to San Francisco for the weekend starting on 2-15. It's not specifically for Valentine's Day, but we go to SF every February and this year, well, that's the date it happened to fall on.

:rose:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I hate to sayit but my dh is as romatic as the dust bunnies under the bed. his ex ruined that. So we'll probably do nothingunless he surprises me. Oh well as long as we're safe and healthy without a large log attatched to his leg again thats all that matters

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought a coupon from a radio auction for a prime rib dinner by a local chef so I'm gonna surprise my husband. When we eat at home for special occasions my son and I set up our table in a different room, use our better dishes and try to create a different atmosphere. I found a red tablecloth and napkins at Kohls yesterday for $8 marked down from $35 so I got that and some new placemats (also on sale). We'll get the room set up, go to our dentist appt then swing by and pick up dinner and head home. That's all I've got so far...

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Well, I am the one who is not lovey-dovey and who is not into any type of romance at all. Don't touch me in public, no kisses good morning, don't buy me flowers, etc...It took forever to get DH to stop holding my hand in public, stop putting his hand on my back when we walk, etc...My mom has always told DH and I that if she did not know us and just observed us, she would think we were siblings instead of spouses.

Needless to say Valentine's Day is not a day I really get into. He will be lucky if I get him a card and tell him "Happy Valentine's Day". Chances are I will gladly let the day go by just like any other.

He and I do get the kids a gift, like a dvd, cd or give them some cash in a card. Also, I will mail my nieces and nephew a card with some money, too. My mom gave me a gift card to the Cookie Company so I may use that to get the kids a big cookie cake for desert that night.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I'll probably make the kids a giant heart shaped chocolate chip cookie. Dh and I don't do anything special, except, you know:hubba:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I usually buy nice steaks and cook a very special meal for DH DD and me. Hubby always comes home with flowers for me and DD (she gets her feelings hurt if I get flowers and she doesn't)

·
Registered
674 Posts
On the actual day I will probably make a meal that has a lot of red in it. Probably something with spaghetti sauce. Last year I got dh a cheesecake with cherries on it and he loved it. I may get another one this year. Ds loves chocolate pudding :lip:so I will make him that. I always buy the kids a small candy item because my dad, who died in 2005, always did this for us. It was the one holiday where he did not rely on my mother to do everything. Growing up he would always buy all 4 of his daughters a small box of chocolates. Just thinking of my father at the store picking out the candies for us, by himself, made the candy extra special.

We go all out for Valentine's Day for our kids. We are taking dd to see High School Musical on Ice :yikes:for her Valentine's present and ds wants to go to Ruby Tuesdays, his favorite restaurant, and he wants a dvd or a playstation game for his present. :yikes:

·
Registered
200 Posts
hubs is working his first civilian job since 1984... so I'm going to send him a nice plant to work for Valentines day for his desk and lasagna for dinner. a nice card and some reeses pieces for DD16 and a card for the other kids who are on their own (18, 20, 22, 22,& 24). An adorable stuffed chimp for the new grandbaby (who will be 3 months on the 14th of Feb).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts