Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DMother teaches the Elderly Ladies Sunday School class at our church. Some of the members are now in nursing homes or assisted living homes. Some are diabetics. One has had a stroke and is not able to hold things. She really wants to do something for them for Valentine's Day but is at a loss. She asked for my help and I have been unable to come up with a good solution. Thought maybe some of you wonderful folks could help us out. Any ideas? TIA!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
A lot of elderly ladies like afternoon tea. Perhaps someone could help feed the woman who has had a stroke. Valentines would also be nice, perhaps with handmade valentine boxes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is so sweet of your mom. I always want to help at nursing homes but my garndma was in one and it really would freak me out. To this day every time I drive by one I get a little shiver. I also agree that a tea would be really cool. What about asking some of the teachers of an elementary school or sunday school to make some valentines?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
That is so sweet of your mom. I always want to help at nursing homes but my garndma was in one and it really would freak me out. To this day every time I drive by one I get a little shiver. I also agree that a tea would be really cool. What about asking some of the teachers of an elementary school or sunday school to make some valentines?
That would be an idea... have one of the younger Sunday school grades make the Valentines for them... say the 2nd or 3rd graders and have them present the Valentines to the ladies. They would be so tickled to have the children present their cute homemade Valentines. In fact, the 2nd and 3rd graders could even 'help' at the tea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts