Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 'won' (3) 3-6 months outfits off ebay for Jayme, from the same seller.Well each auctions says $3 shipping but anyone who buys regularly from ebay knows MOST sellers will combine the shipping and it's always cheaper.well...this lady is charging me $9 to ship 3 outfits.Now I sell on ebay all the time and I know good and well 3 small outfits will ship for around $2 first class and maybe $3.85 priority. I'm debating on even paying for them.I don't won't the negative,but $9.00 is a bit high don't ya think..?
If I do pay..I'm telling her shipping BETTER cost $9,or I'll leave her negative feedback.I am so mad :fuming:

Is it my fault because they say $3 or would you be upset to...?

I'll know next time to email a seller if I'm bidding on more than one auctions of theirs...............

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Send her a note before hand and tell her the shipping had better be $9.00 or you'll leave a neg...... See if she will change her mind..... That is too bad...... Shame on her !:mad:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent a email asking if she'd combine the shipping,haven't heard back yet...

I just told dh about it and told him the samething you said Lori..."shipping had better be $9 or she'll get a negative"

She has good feedback, 158 positives,but she's new to selling so maybe she'll combine it for me.

If she does charge me the $9..I'm sending her 3 different paypal payments (they charge a fee per payment if you have the premiere account and I think she does because she takes cc payments) and I hope she gets mad about it!!! LOL

I am soooooo bad today!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Tammy, it just burns me when sellers try to make money on the shipping. She should combine the shipping, she's shipping one package, not 3. :fuming: Mad along with ya! lol

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Ok, *please don't get upset for what I'm going to say...

I do think you should have found out ahead of time if she would combine the cost of shipping. Usually somewhere it will say if they do, and if it doesn't say that then I email them before I bid and ask. If there isn't enough time to do that before the auction is over, then I usually don't bother bidding.

Now that you got to this point you really should go through with it because from what I understand, bidding is a binding contract. If you do not really care about your standing and feedback then yes definitly back out and don't pay it.

I do not think she deserves a negative for not combining shipping for you. IF it did not say she would combine it anyhere in the description.

Just because she does things different from most, doesn't mean she's doing it wrong (thus deserving a negative) IMHO.

If you were to purchase a cd from columbia house for a penny ~ plus shipping and handling, you would notice that it cost a whole lot less for them to actually ship it to you then you paid....it's just a way of doing business.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I should add that yes it does seem silly to charge so much if it's all going to be shipped in one package ...Which is why if it were me I would combine the shipping for ya in a heartbeat, I just don't think that *she is in the wrong from what I've read so far.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
tammy, i agree with you. it doesn't matter if she doesn't say anything about combining shipping, it is just obvious it will NOT cost $9.00. it is just a "given" when it comes to ebay that if you buy more than one thing from a person, they will combine shipping....IF they are mailing it all TOGETHER. if they mail it separately, then that's a different story.;) i HATE it when people try to make money on shipping.:mad: BURNS ME UP.:mad: :mad: i would leave negative if she doesn't too.;) just my opinion though.:toothy:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I think if she refuses to combine shipping cost that she needs to ship each outfit individually. If she sends all in one box then she is combining shipping herself and should adjust the cost.

I hope that this works out for you. I bet she does the right thing for you. Let us know how it works out for you.:)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Katybird said:
I think if she refuses to combine shipping cost that she needs to ship each outfit individually. If she sends all in one box then she is combining shipping herself and should adjust the cost.

I was getting ready to say the same thing- Kathy just beat me to it! :)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I got to thinking, maybe she has that automated ebay thing, so you got the notices that it will cost 9$ shipping from the computer generated thing. I think you said you still hadn't contacted her, so maybe just maybe that's all it'll take is just asking her about it? :)

Oh and I also just noticed you said she's new to selling, so she might not have even thought about needing to combine shipping when she made the listings? Maybe you can just tell her how most people do things and see what happens :)

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Heather, I do understand what you are saying- I've sent stuff back I've ordered out of catalogs, and it ended up costing me 1/3 of what I paid the receive the item. You're right, they are in business, so I take into account the fact the other 2/3 pays for the person to take my phone call, package my order, as well as the cost of shipping materials.

I wouldn't give this person negative feedback, but I would sure give her a neutral feedback and state that she wouldn't adjust the shipping rates on multiple bids- as a heads up to other potential bidders.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did email and ask for a combined shipping total...still haven't heard back from her....:confused: I guess if she wants $$ she'll email me lol

Also,I think the emails were automated,but it said "the seller has entered xx.xx as the amount" and I received 3 emails.
And,it doesn't say she would combine shipping,but it doesn't say she wouldn't either...it just says .."Make sure to check out my other Gymboree Auctions!!"

maybe I shouldn't leave a negative,but my goodness anyone would know shipping 3 small outfits wouldn't cost $9 (shipping 2 16ozs candles didn't cost that much...) and thats what makes me so mad.I have some of Jayme's clothes listed and a lady emailed to ask what shipping would be (I had buyer to pay actual shipping) and to her zipcode one outfit was like $1.09 for first class. I always charge actual and combine shipping on multiple winnings..I just thought it was the right thing to do.I wouldn't overcharge because (as you can tell) I don't want to be overcharged when I buy.

Maybe I'm just to hormonal to deal with this,and maybe I am going a little overboard but this is really getting on my nerves :bang:

rant over (for now LOL)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Tammy she should combine unless her TOS says she won't. If a seller has a rule like that it needs to be in the auction. Hopefully she is just busy and will get back to you soon.
Not paying is a bad option, though I understand the irritation completely! It would look worse for you to not pay than your neg will for her for not combining, kwim?
I would email 3 payments if she wants to be rude and demand 3 packages in return. Then if she doesn't comply, you have a legit neg to leave.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
How frustrating Tammy!! The right thing to do would be to charge actual shipping, hopefully she will! And you have every right to feel the way you do, as far as I'm concerned sellers are to make their money on their item NOT shipping. Sending hugs to you!!!:smball:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Sorry but I have to butt in here. If she won't combine shipping then she is just being ridicoulus and you should send 3 different payments, but since you didn't ask ahead of time and you did win the auction and in doing so you agreed to the terms of the auction. You should only leave a negative if she breaks the auction agreement. Also if you e-mail her thretening to leave neg. feedback you can get suspended from ebay and she could have your neg. removed. As a seller I get so tired of people holding that neg. over someones head. I hear things like if my item is not here by end of the week I will leave a neg. I am not in charge of the postal system good grief. Ok I have gone off topic here. Be patient she may not answer e-mails over the weekend she will probably combine shipping since it is the right thing to do. I have to add I am a power seller and deal with so many people trying to get things fro free or cheat the seller that I see this from a different point of view. Hope things work out for ya!:)

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's the email I got from the seller.............

"Sorry for the delay. I usually do not combine shiping, but I can drop one of the shipping fees, so the total shipping would be $6.00. That woould make $19.97 for all 3 tems including shipping! Thanks.

Theresa"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My reply!

"Morning-

Thanks for combining the shipping for me.I guess I should've emailed and asked first.I just assumed the shipping would be combined since all 3 outfits would be mailed together.I didn't think shipping them would cost $9.Had I known otherwise,I would'nt have bid.
I do look forward to receiving the outfits,they are all very cute :)

Thank you again! I'll leave positive feedback once they arrive :)
------------------------------------------------------------------

Lesson learnt------

Always email and ask what shipping will be when bidding on more than one item from the same seller.

Never buy from this seller again no matter how cute the clothes are!!

btw--Had I not bid,she wouldn't of even sold them,seeing I was the only bidder!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Well, that sounds like she is trying to make money off of the shipping charges then. I think it would almost be worth it for you to spend the extra $3 and demand that she send all the items individually. She does not sound very reasonable and so she needs to take the time to package, address and mail each outfit. I think you should also send each payment seperately to her paypal account. If she tries to take money for shipping the 3 items individually and mails them together, then you have a valid complaint to take to eBay. You pay for three packages, you should get 3 packages. :furious:

Do you mind posting the name of the seller so that none of us ever make the mistake of buying from her?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Tammy--I am glad you posted this thread. As an ebay buyer and seller, I can relate to your dilemma. Everyone here has given you the same advice I would. I agree that at this point, just look at it as a lesson learned and move on.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I assume Jayme is a girl? If so, I have a bag of clothing I was going to post on ebay as a lot to sell, but since I am close to my due date--I feel weird starting auctions in case I end up not being home! LOL

If you like, I'd be happy to send them to you for only the cost of shipping (I won't charge you for shipping each item) ROFL! ;)

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected]

I really just want these clothes to go to a good home. If there are any you in the batch you don't care for--feel free to sell them.

Take care!

Betsy

p.s. Your avatar is the CUTEST!

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Kathy-the ebay seller's name is flatlinedesign. It does seem she's trying to make money off the shipping.
She's hasn't emailed me back since I sent the above message.I figured I'd get a -kiss my butt- type email LOL!!!

Betsy-You are so sweet! Emailing you :)

Oh and guess what? I have another ebay problem..LOL!!
A lady emails and ask what shipping would be to a Alabama address,I get the total, email her back,she bids,wins,pays,and wants the item sent to a VA address!!! What the heck?!!!!??!
Shipping is calculated by zones and the Va address was a bit higher. But being the nice person I am (quit laughing,,I am nice lol) I don't say a word,just gonna pay the difference and ship the item to the VA address.

ebay=HEADACHE!!!!! :bang:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Tammy, what is her registered address? I think ebay has a rule about sending things to a different addy than won by.
What are you selling? whats your ebay id? You can email it to me if you want
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts