Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep a book of verses, scriptures and quotes that I see around to read and meditate on when I feel down. That help me and give me strength.

Here are 'some' - I won't type them ALL ;)

What quotes do you use or like?

Here are some of mine:

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. (1 Pet. 5:7)

Stop telling God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is. (unknown)

I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for. Then you shall call to me and come and pray to me, and I will answer you. You will seek me and find me because you seek me with all your heart. (Jer. 29:11-13)

Real prayer is not telling God what we want. It is putting ourselves at His disposal so that He can tell us what He wants. (Sam Shoemaker)

My Grace is all you need, for my power is strongest when you are weak. (2 Cor. 12:9-10)

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Great thread Bev. Here are some I like and I particularly like the Psalms.

Ps 46 - 1:1 says "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble"

Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all underestand, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"

Ps. 23 & 37

Ps 16:1 "Keep me safe O God, for in you I take refuge"

Ps. 27: 1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid"

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I love all the above scriptures, here's another favorite of mine Roman's 8 :28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.( NIV)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)
I like this one...:heartsm:

Thanks Bev, CJ, Heather and Dixie.:heartsm:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts