Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a rack of ribs, cut to fit in your crockpot, Pour over the ribs a bottle or two (depending on how many you are making) of your favorite store bought or homemade BBQ sauce. Cook on low 8-9 hours. The guys in my house DEVOUR this.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention that if there's room, I also throw in some chicken breast (cut in half) also

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Sounds yummy, thanks for sharing! :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I make this........it's awesome.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
We do this too except all sauces give me a wicked headache from the sugar content.

What I do is toss ribs in, along with chunks of carrot, celery, onion, garlic, potatoes and add enough water to cover them all and then some, seasoning and let it simmer all day. For variety, sometimes I'll toss in a can of whole tomatoes - liquid and all. Or add chicken or beef blln to the water for depth of the flavour. Towards then end - at least 4-6 hrs until done - I will take out my portion of ribs/veggies and remove at least half of the liquid thats left and toss in lots of bbq sauce for whomever else wants it and let cook another hour. If no one wants BBQ sauce - I just leave it and serve the sauce on the side to dip.

The best of both worlds! Mmmmmm.....ribs *drools*

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
This is how I do it too.. Couple of years back, my daughter had a friend over and at dinner time I served her these ribs, and she told me that she did not eat meat..... Needless to say she came back three times for more, and demanded that her mother find out EXACTLY how I made them... Made me feel good.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts