·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here from the Old Dominion ?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I live in Bath county, about 30 miles from Lexington.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm from Southwest VA. in Norton, VA. One town over from the University of Virginia at Wise.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Dh is from Grundy. Mountain Mission Grad.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
476 Posts
ImBaker520 I was just in Lynchburg last weekend, had to take my Dad to a place called Harbor Frieght tools. After going there, Northern Tools, Sears, we still didnt find what he wanted. He live in Waynesboro, I live in Millboro (near The Homestead in Hot Springs). Me, Dad, and dh enjoyed going round and round and round....501 and Fort and Ward really threw us all for a loop. We ended up in what appeared to be a bad part of town, detour around 5thst Maritn Luther King Blvd, etc...needless to say, we found our way eventually. It was nice to see that part of the state. The only prior exp I had had with Lynchburg was Cattle Annies. LOL!! Is it even still open?

I wanted to go to Value City but to my dismay, they were outta business. Shame.

·
Registered
688 Posts
ImBaker520 I was just in Lynchburg last weekend, had to take my Dad to a place called Harbor Frieght tools. After going there, Northern Tools, Sears, we still didnt find what he wanted. He live in Waynesboro, I live in Millboro (near The Homestead in Hot Springs). Me, Dad, and dh enjoyed going round and round and round....501 and Fort and Ward really threw us all for a loop. We ended up in what appeared to be a bad part of town, detour around 5thst Maritn Luther King Blvd, etc...needless to say, we found our way eventually. It was nice to see that part of the state. The only prior exp I had had with Lynchburg was Cattle Annies. LOL!! Is it even still open?

I wanted to go to Value City but to my dismay, they were outta business. Shame.
Yeah the whole 501/Fort/Wards Rd thing can be confusing sometimes. Cattle Annies is still open. I heard that they are getting ready to expand it. Sorry that you missed out on Value City! They are putting a huge movie theatre where that used to be. I don't know about all of that. I guess they are counting on Liberty Students to use it!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hey Laurie, I know right where Grundy is. I'm originally from Clintwood. It is a small world.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm from the Tidewater area. Chesapeake,VA to be exact.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Welcome tkn4lif!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm not in Va but I am a Tarheel! Does that count a little?:clown5:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great to know you all--I live in Richmond-Henrico County actually.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am from Lynchburg, I love to quilt. I make a few quilts for my family.Myself and hubby. But I mostly make charity quilts for nursing homes around and in Lynchburg. Any one else from around Lynchburg that quilts?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all- I'm from Yorktown, VA but currently live on the VA line in the Washington, D.C. area. I went to JMU in Harrisonburg- that's where my dad grew up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.