Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend and again this morning, we received 3 virus's which Norton 2003 caught.

One e-mail even said it was from Microsoft and had an attachment with a virus in it.

Please make sure you have updated anti-virus programs. They are well worth the $$ you spend for them.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I got two already.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I keep getting emails with wingdings as the from address and subject.
They automatically go in the delete folder even though norton has said they are ok!
FYI my youngest son has had a problem with MSN Messenger. Somehow a virus is coming through it. I think we fixed it for now, but there are several versions of it Norton can not scan!
Dh said the only one norton compatible is 4.6, I think.
Just be careful!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I delete all files with attachments..... Almost all anyway.......
Watch out for a music downloading program called "Kazaa" it has been sending worms that are very detructive !!!!!!!!
Thanks CJ !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Denise, thats one of the ones I got too, but Norton caught it. I'm positive its not from Microsoft.

We have a firm policy here, any e-mails with attachments are immediately deleted!!! We make no exceptions. We just can't afford another computer right now.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I only open attatchments from family and friends that have told me one is coming. Occasionally my brother will send one without prior notice, and I ALWAYS messanger him to check it out first.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thank you for the warning! I haven't noticed anything unusual in our email, but I know to be on the look out now!

I so hate viruses!!!!!:( We can't afford another computer at this time, either!

With moving and everything else, replacing our computer would be very low on the list of priorities right now. Well, not on a personal level, more on the need/expense rationale...so I am going to be very careful!!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Thanks for letting us know CJ. I checked my Norton and it updated 5/18 so I guess I am ok :D . I appreciate the heads up though.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Thanks for the heads up CJ.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Thanks CJ. My friend emailed me about it just today. I haven't been able to get the latest update from Norton. I have a very slow internet connection and it "times out" every time. I have emailed them about it, but I am very frustrated! :mad: We have Kazzaa on our other computer. I will have to let dh know. Thanks again CJ

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
I have a virus. I do not know how to get rid of it. It is currently only affecting one e-mail address so I just don't use that mail box. I am very ignorant when it comes to these viruses and worms I do not know how to get rid of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts