Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I WAS whinging LOL - My mother came round and I was whinning about my sad life etc.

She has decided to book me a stall at the craft fair here in July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

This has certainly given me something different to think about but now I'm just Panicing LOL.

I have NEVER done a craft fair before!

I don't have the faintest idea what to make!
I don't know how to price it AND
I only have two months!!! (is that long enough?)

Oh please help me! And also pray for me that I'll learn QUICKLY to keep my mouth shut LOL.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
That's great Bev!:) I don't have craft ideas, but I'm sure you will find some or our friendly frugal friends will help you out.:)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Ok first I have no idea what craft shows in the U.K. are like, but I will try to help. Are there any shows between now and then you can go to to get an idea for pricing? I thing you should do your fairy things that you did before. What supplies do you have? I will look for some ideas on the web and see what I come up with. BTW- Good Luck and I am glad she did this for you. It gives you something to focus on and will keep you from thinking to much!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Bev, I am sure that whatever you do, it will be a success! You are very talented and your Mom must know that too :D. I am sure that you can get great ideas from Angelee, I have seen her dresses online and they are great.

Good Luck! Don't panic, you will do fine.:angel:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Try some Hippy stuff, macrame some purses using strips of fabric or old blue jeans........

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Or i noticed here at craft shows painted clay pots go really well....especially ones that have a botannical theme, like one decorated with a painted pic of parsley on it...or a flower like say marigold with the name of the plant..Marigold or parsley in these examples around the rim of the pot. they all had matching saucers too painted to match the pots. The pots are cheap here , paints too. i dunno what the price conversion would be, but they were priced at 5.00 a pot and saucer at the craft sale for the small ones...about 6 inches across.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Or! You mentioned a while back about having a program that told the meaning of someones name. You could do those, take orders and payment for them, mail the customers their finished products... depending on how you do it and how you price it, yo could have your supplies paid for in just a few orders. You could have samples done for showing people of your name, kids names or whatever. Or a "on the day your were born" thing would be neat too.....
You could get inexpensive frames and paint them or something too...
In particular, the things you mentioned in this post:
http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21357

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Bev,
Everything that you have done and posted on here or that I have seen on your ebay site has been great. Just keep on doing more of what you are good at. I remember the little fairy (?) houses and the painted oranges and all your painted clothes, these were great things. I do think the hippy idea from Lori would be super as well. Aim for low cost items, people always are looking to buy a little something and maybe a few higher cost items for those really wanting something special. Good luck and I know you will be a success.

pat

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Do more overalls! :) DD has gotten more compliments on those than anything else she wears. They always ask me if I made them. and I say no but my friend did! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts