Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone going to dress up as for Halloween?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Little Miss normally tends to pick book characters to be for Halloween. She has gotten tired for explaining who she is.

So this year she is going to be a Homecoming Queen no explaining what she is as it will be on her sash. :)

She will wear her Easter Dress the one from this post
http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/secondhand-shopping/137761-easter-dress-75-cents.html

We will buy her black dress up fancy Christmas shoes early
and buy a tiara too.

Use a White stain ribbon and make a Homecoming Queen sash
She was excited when I told her she could wear my make up.

Buddy is still in the thinking stage on what he wants to dress up as.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
109 Posts
oh boy this year is going to be a little difficult for us and costumes. L wants to be a peacock. um, i'm not sure how i'm going to find or make that one! my little jellybean wants to be a princess, cheerleader, supergirl, and cat...all in one. lol, don't ask. Then my oldest wants to be plo koon? something like that...from star wars. it was much easier picking costumes when they were smaller. I'm running out of time and I'm stressing!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
oh boy this year is going to be a little difficult for us and costumes. L wants to be a peacock. um, i'm not sure how i'm going to find or make that one! my little jellybean wants to be a princess, cheerleader, supergirl, and cat...all in one. lol, don't ask. Then my oldest wants to be plo koon? something like that...from star wars. it was much easier picking costumes when they were smaller. I'm running out of time and I'm stressing!
How old are they? I googled "peacock costumes" and found some cute ideas. Looks like for little ones people are making fake feathers out of felt. These are for sale but if you are handy could probably come up with something homemade: Peacock child costume | Shop peacock child costume sales & prices at TheFind

So cute, a peacock, I never would have thought of that one.

Reactions: mystypooh

·
Registered
174 Posts
My 19 month old is going to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast (got on clearance disney.com for $5 after Halloween last year) and my 5 month old will be a giraffe (my toddler's costume from last year)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
My son is going to be a jack-o-lantern. Courtsey of the thrift store. :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
My dgs wants to be Buzz Lightyear. I think the $20.00 for the costume is worth it since he is obsessed with Toy Story and will probably continue to wear it long after Halloween.

My dd wants him to be a monster. I told her it's not about you, it's about him. You be a monster then.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
ravenmaniac said:
My dgs wants to be Buzz Lightyear. I think the $20.00 for the costume is worth it since he is obsessed with Toy Story and will probably continue to wear it long after Halloween.
My son loves Toy Story and was Buzz Lightyear last year. I waited until the last week before Halloween and Kmart still had tons for 50% off.

·
Registered
109 Posts
How old are they? I googled "peacock costumes" and found some cute ideas. Looks like for little ones people are making fake feathers out of felt. These are for sale but if you are handy could probably come up with something homemade:

So cute, a peacock, I never would have thought of that one.
Thanks for the link. After more digging one pulled up at ebates for 25.00 and I even found the plo koon costume I mentioned for WAY less than for what other places were wanting for it. I think it was twenty and it came with everything! Others that I had priced were averaging 45? something like that. The only problem with the peacock costume that I see is that there are no feathers. How can you be a peacock without feathers? I may have to buy a mardi gras mask with the peacock feathers. Not real sure yet. L is nine yrs old and I'm wishing she were little again, it would be much easier to buy the one-piece outfit, lol. If you have any idea on how to make one costume with all the accessories of a cheerleader, cat, princess, and supergirl please let me know, lol!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you have any idea on how to make one costume with all the accessories of a cheerleader, cat, princess, and supergirl please let me know, lol!
A leotard with a skirt with the S on it ( or what ever supergirls suit looks like)
add pomm pomms for the cheerleader,

cat tail and ears - walmart is selling these are separates this year or you could make them easily enough - head band with felt ears folded over to look like ears and a long black sock stuffed adn pinned to the backside of the costume for the tail

top of with a crown or add make a crownish sparkle thing with the head band you have the ears on.

and you have a cheerleader, cat princess supergirl costume.
~~~
Side note on the peacock costume my local zoo sells the feather that the peacocks lose for like a quarter each.

Reactions: mystypooh

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
my twins are going to be Elmo and cookie monster. I found the costumes off of our local Bookoo, cheap!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was all set to put together a Sir Tophamm Hatt costume for my son, but then my mom came home with a goldfish costume she got on sale. So...Luke is going to be a goldfish, lol. Its actually quite adorable.

·
Registered
419 Posts
One of my friends has a business that does costumes and other accessories. She had a sale on pirate girl costumes. $10 for 2 dresses and a couple of accessories. We'll make the swords and eye patches if they want them and one daughter already has a stuffed parrot she can put on her shoulder.

What my little boy will be, we'll find out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A leotard with a skirt with the S on it ( or what ever supergirls suit looks like)
add pomm pomms for the cheerleader,

cat tail and ears - walmart is selling these are separates this year or you could make them easily enough - head band with felt ears folded over to look like ears and a long black sock stuffed adn pinned to the backside of the costume for the tail

top of with a crown or add make a crownish sparkle thing with the head band you have the ears on.

and you have a cheerleader, cat princess supergirl costume.
~~~
Side note on the peacock costume my local zoo sells the feather that the peacocks lose for like a quarter each.
that's too funny! i wonder what she'll tell them when she's asked what she is? i did tell her she could be anything she wanted to be, i just didn't count on it being four different things!

·
Registered
166 Posts
DD is going to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz because she also has to dress up as a book character for a school project so we "killed two birds with one stone" as the saying goes.

DS has been watching Power Rangers on Netflix and it's become his favorite so he's decided he wants to be a Power Ranger.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts