Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have discovered Walden Farms products, and really like many of them. They make a wide variety of salad dressings, BBQ sauce and ketchup, jellies/jams, pasta sauces, syrups, etc. The distinguishing factor is that that are carb free, calorie free, and fat free. (So..... what do they put in there? LOL!) And they are fairly pricey, unless you hit some good sales.

Anyway, my question is on alternative uses. I was just wondering if you have tried using any of the products in different ways. For example, using a salad dressing as a marinade, or trying the chocolate sauce in hot coffee...... I'd be interested in what you did and if you think it turned out OK. Thanks! We used the sweet onion dressing, and I thought it might really taste good mixed with steamed hamburger. Haven't tried it yet, tho!

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I tried quite a few year back but couldnt stand the taste. My mom loved them. She did chicken in the crock pot with many of the dressings and bbq sauce. She also did the same with pork.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I've tried a few Walden items before.....salad dressings mainly. I thought they were good. There's a whole (good sized) section of Walden products at my local Meijer's.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've bought the choc sauce, for my son who is diabetic. I personally don't use any of there products. I don't do artificial sweetners. My son liked it and I bought some of the salad dressing for dh and he said it was right tasty. TC

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. Hubby uses the peanut butter as a dip for celery sticks. I didn't think it tasted bad, but it had an odd jelly-like texture that I found strange. Tonight I mixed the honey-dijon dressing with that artificial crab leg meat. That was pretty good, along with some chopped celery and onion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts