Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Walgreens yesterday in line. A lady pulled out her AARP card before she paid for her products.

The cashier scanned it like a credit card. I asked the manager who was also standing there what did you get with the card. He said the register spits out coupons. You can use it when you buy anything except cigarettes,beer, wine.

I never thought to ask what kind of coupons, like $1 off next visit on anything or a cents off on next visit for another of what you just bought.

Didn't know if this were common knowledge on here. I know I pulled mine and put it in front in my wallet to remember to use it.

·
19,119 Posts
Interesting - perhaps there are more benefits to belonging to AARP than I thought of. Mahalo for sharing.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thanks, I had no idea, will try to use mine more often.

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had to get the kid over the counter meds yesterday. I swiped my AARP card and got a $5 coupon on next visit good for anything besides the normal. I thought WOW! Hope this happens everytime...definitely made me a believer in remembering to swipe. So glad I saw the lady doing it a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: mauimagic

·
19,119 Posts
Need to renew AARP since we have Walgreens now!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts