Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not new to using the Easy Saver program at Walgreens, but I have a question about a purchase I just made and thought someone could give me some insight into it. In the August catalog there is a rebate on Tuf Trash Bags of $5.00 on 2. This week the sales flyer had Tuf Trash Bags BOGO...so I purchased 2 cases ($4.99 for the first and the second was free) So, technically, shouldn't that count for purchasing two?

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
If you didn't pay for #2, the receipt will show you got it free, so possibly not.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm new to the Walgreens thing too. Doesn't hurt to try? Either way, you'll get at least one rebate back!

·
Registered
960 Posts
They had the same deal a few weeks ago. I "bought" two (one was free). I applied for the rebate online and it shows that I am eligible for $5.00 on it - thus they are both FREE!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just checked my rebate status and I did get both for free...learn something new everyday....Yay!

·
Registered
900 Posts
This is totally a YMMV type thing. Depends on which store you go to and which company the refund is through. I think Walgreen's receipt shows that you paid for each item at the regular price in the line by line and then the discount comes off at the end or bottom of the receipt (don't have one in front of me...going by memory.) This type of receipt works to your advantage because it appears that you have paid for both unless the refund company really checks into all the details of the receipt. Many times couponers get refunds for items that they got free or nearly free and they get the full amount, not the amount they actually paid, especially on the diabetes monitors. So, congrats on your shopping savvy and I think most likely you will get your refund! :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Awesome! Makes me want to go buy trash bags (and I actually need them, good deal)! :fdance:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts