Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually found some good stuff at Walmart this week, lol.

They have beach totes on sale for $1. I got a huge pink/yellow tote and then found some with different Rolling Stone magazine covers--I chose the Bono one for another $1. The pink tote will be my pool bag (which will last all year since we go to the Y's indoor pool), and the RS tote will be for my sister for Christmas. It'll serve as an additional present, but also as a gift bag.

I found a great 3/4 sleeve brown work top for me for $3 and a winter sleeper for my son for $2.

And then...in the $5 DVD bin I found a copy of Gettysburg, which will be used as a door prize for our Ladies' Tea I'm co-chairing at our reenactment.

·
19,119 Posts
Congrats - those are really great deals!! Almost makes wme want to head over to Walmart today - shall have to restrain myself.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Congrats on the deals. I haven't been to Walley World in ages.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone, lol. I hate going in there with a passion, but its the only local place that will accept WIC vouchers. I get my stuff and get out usually...but I had to walk right past all the aforementioned sections to get to the baby formula, lol.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
You got some very good deals! I am so excited because we will finally have a WM closer to home in a couple of months. Right now I have to drive clear across town to get there, really out of my way, so I almost never go. Now I'll pass it on the way to my local yarn shop so it's pretty much guaranteed I'll pass it one or more times a week. It's not really what I'd call a favorite place to shop, but I can usually save at least $1 or more on each of the HBA products I use so it's worth stopping in from time to time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts