Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from there with my 5 year old daughter. She was so proud of the clearance deals she found, a cranium game(4games in the box) and 3 princess books; total price less then $10. But apparently clearance stuff is marked to be donated to charity and even though it is on the shelf we can't buy it. I have no issues with things being donated to charity, but you would think they could have someone pull the stuff off the shelves, but ya know they don't care if they upset a 5 year old.

·
Registered
904 Posts
that so sounds like the cashier wanted your deals. That makes absolutely No sense! Why would a retail store waste shelf space on something that they are not going to sell?

I'd call the manager and ask WTF!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I have never heard of such a thing! I would call the manager also!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked to speak to the manager, the front end one came and took the stuff and said I can't buy it. Headquarters has no explanation, other than the store manager is supposed to call me. And that is what I was told while on my cell phone standing at the front of the store.

·
19,119 Posts
That is so wrong. Not only would I notify the manager, I would also send a letter to walmart's home office.

·
19,119 Posts
Our messages must have crossed. Am glad that you addressed it at the store, I would still follow up with written documentation. Our family had a weird interaction with them about another issue - it's very strange - almost as if they have lost control of their employees.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I see that you are in North Carolina. Can you let us know the store so that other members can make sure that we don't go there EVER. I am sure they won't care, but it will make us fell better.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Yet another reason why I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart.

I feel bad for your daughter. :(

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Did you get the cashier and CSM's name? You probably will not get a phone call. The managers are there during the day. I'd haul my butt back up there during the day. It may not accomplish anything but making myself feel better but you can bet your butt they would know that I had been there. That is so beyond wrong. They lied. It went home with someone.

Reactions: piney

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Wow! That just sucks. I have been limiting my trips to WM because they have gotten so weird. One worker will tell you something and then another something else. Yes,I would call HQ again and the store manager.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For those that are in NC, it was at the superwalmart located in Zebulon NC. I have called and emailed headquarters, the manager wouldn't take my call, she has been left a message.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I shop at Wal-mart once or twice a year.

What kind of policy is that???? Always thought clearance items were just that. Clearance items. If they are supposed to go to charity they should have been taken of the shelf. Any items still on the shelf should be sold to any customer wanting them.

If you do not hear from anyone contact someone in the corporate office. Better yet, send a local tv news reporter over to investigate their policy.

Hugs to your daughter!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
That is terrible never heard of such i agree with the rest call the main office and send a tv reporter over also get the names of the people let it be known.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'd notify the media & see if they could shed some light on the situation. Otherwise, it will be swept under the rug. If those items are being donated, employees should remove them from the SALES floor. Sounds fishy. I think others would be interested to know how this Walmart treats their customers. IMO Your daugther should get an apology & a gift card at the very least. I really try to avoid stores that aren't "customer friendly". This can be hard to do if there's limited shopping options.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I rarely shop at Wal Mart and am trying to get away from shopping at Sam's for the very reasons already posted. They have some of the rudest and laziest employees on the earth!! And managers! The WM by me had a dead mouse in the produce section and no one would get it up. Customers called the media, the health dept and the police before it finally was removed. That was ridiculous and showed me the caliper of their employees. The store is still open and selling groceries but I refuse to buy from them.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
That store needs a new manager. That is not how retail is suppose to work.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right now it seems noone wants to take the blame for doing something wrong. Walmart has tried to tell me that I need to take the issue up with the private vendor that stocks the books and magazines in walmart, claiming they have no control over what happens in that area. Then it took me calling another walmart location to find out the name of that vendor, because the one I was at wouldn't share that information with me. So I call the distributor in Texas, the people I talked to at that company are being very helpful. I learn from them that the only books that are too be pulled from the shelves and gone to charity are "The Very Hungry Catelpillar Books", the books that are left after the display thing that was in Walmarts in November are charity books. The books and game we tried to buy, are not and have not been on the distributors list for charity donation. As of right now walmart cannot sell me or anyone else the items at the store that are coming up donated to charity, the distributor is dealing with the local merchandiser for why and how these items got marked for charity and then put on the store shelf, and the distributor has said they will try and find me these books so I can still get them for my daughter, though they aren't promising the same price they are marked at walmart. Though I am still annoyed that noone has bothered to offer an apology of any sorts for the confusion to my daughter.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Justpeachy,
I feel so bad for your daughter.
What those employees/management of that store did was incompetent (left hand doesn't know what the right hand does), & on the borderline of unethical (could that be 'false in advertisement').
I've not been to Walmart for more than 2 years, always left me a bad taste after being there (even not buying anything). I like to feel good after I spend money. Nowadays I rather drive a few miles farther to shop at Target.
I once read it somewhere that when the employees of a company always have a bad attitude & rude to customers, it could translate to the company has not been treating its employees fair in wages & policy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts