Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
no printable free coupon and the $50 can be done with CSM's or management approval.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Wow, in my mind, that is excellent. Now I have written proof that I can use a $1 off coupon on an item that they have priced at 98cents. This happens quite often, and it was a toss up as to whether or not they would approve it.

·
19,119 Posts
Do their cashiers and store managers know of these policies? I should ask my cousin - she's a Walmart store manager in Ca.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Wow, in my mind, that is excellent. Now I have written proof that I can use a $1 off coupon on an item that they have priced at 98cents. This happens quite often, and it was a toss up as to whether or not they would approve it.
I'll be printing this out and carrying it with me. Probably won't do any good, they seem to love to argue :(

Reactions: bumplett

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Wow...no $50 or more in coupons in one transaction? I know this isn't terribly often...but, why would that even matter?
I agree. You could walk out to the car, walk right back in, and buy more stuff using the rest of your coupons, if you wanted to. Who cares if it's in one transaction?

·
Registered
221 Posts
The now accept competitors coupons?!?!?! (I don't think they did this before.)

Competitors' coupons that feature a specific item for a specified price * for example, $2.99
I printed it out and I'm keeping it with me!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
WOW, I read it too:

Walmart accepts the following types of coupons (see guidelines below):

* Manufacturers' coupons
* Print-at-home internet coupons
Must be legible, have "Manufacturer Coupon" printed on them, have a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and have a scannable bar code.
* Competitors' coupons that feature a specific item for a specified price
- for example, $2.99
- Soft drink container caps
- Checkout coupons
- (also called "Catalinas") that are printed at our competitors' registers, have "Manufacturer Coupon" with specific requirements printed on them, a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and a scannable bar code.

Walmart does not accept the following coupons:

* Print-at-home Internet coupons that require no purchase
* Competitors' coupons for dollars/cents or percentage off, buy one get one free, and double- or triple-value coupons
The following are guidelines and limitations:

* Only one coupon per item is permitted.
* Coupons must have an expiration date and be redeemed prior to expiration.
* Coupons may exceed the price of the item. Change may be given or applied toward the cost of the basket purchase.
* Walmart only accepts coupons for merchandise that we sell.
* Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase.

We accept the following with Customer Service Supervisor/Management approval:
40 or more coupons
Any coupon over $20
$50 or more in coupons in one transaction
Too bad I do not do coupons that often. But I did not even know they allowed coupons!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I'm also printing this out to keep with me.

Last night I went to Walmart to get a few office supplies & took a list with me for what would be free or super cheap after coupons.

I had 2 printable Reach coupons that the cashier wouldn't take, so I gave back the Reach items.

I also had the $1 off 3 Hormel/Spam coupons - used 3 of them, she argued that I could only use one per purchase. I had to explain that it's ONE PER PURCHASE OF THREE ITEMS. I had NINE, thus used THREE coupons.

I also had trouble getting them to scan - I was at self checkout - I had less than 20 items.

I was told I am NOT supposed to go through self checkout with coupons. Really? Where's the sign??

She was a witch.

I hate walmart. I have this trouble EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN TIME. (regardless of if I use a reg check out line, a self check out line or the express line)

People must have to pass a b*tch test to become a walmart cashier.

Reactions: OOwl

·
Registered
469 Posts
I do not care what Walmart says or does to improve their coupon policy, I'm still not shopping there. It's just a miserable experience from parking lot to checkout and I do not see that changing. I'm on my second year of "no shopping at Walmart, period." I shop at Target; they also accept competitor's coupons and will price match (sign up at my store confirms this policy). The store is clean, pleasant, well stocked, and I buy what's on sale and plan my menus to match their weekly flyer (like most people on this board do anyway). I never saved money shopping at Walmart when I shopped there anyway, and they were forever changing what they would or would not stock. Sorry, just totally not a Walmart fan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.