Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw the preview for the new Bruce Willis movie Tears of the Sun. It's about 8 Navy SEALS and it's filmed in the area that Malcom trains and does missions so guess what???? We are probably going to go and see it. I'm not a big fan of these kinds of movies - they freak me out a little bit and I'm the type of person that I'm better off not knowing what they do in all situations. I know it's a lot of Hollywood but it still makes me think too much. Just wondering if you guys enjoy these kind of movies. I did like Black Hawk Down - I thought it was an excellent movie.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just thought of something. Bruce Willis is in a movie about Navy SEALS and his ex wife Demi Moore did GI Jane another seal movie....kind of weird!

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
My dad was in Vietnam and he likes war type movies.Steve watches a few,ones he's heard is really good lol (he liked Pearl Harbor and Black Hawk Down)
I on the other hand don't really enjoy watching a bunch of guys shoot at each other (even though I know thats not real) and blow things up.
I do however have "We were Soilders" with Mel Gibson but haven't watched it yet. I've heard it was good,so I'll eventually get around to watching it.
We also have Pearl Harbor..I've watched bits and pieces but not the entire movie.

I'm more into "Chick Flicks" as Steve calls them than action. I did watch Gone is 60 secs but only because I love Nicholas Cage :D

Let us know how the Bruce Willis film is.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I can't watch any military type movies at all. My emotions can't take it. My father was a veteran and I always think of him and it just gets me all sad. I also can't handle any type of graphic violence at all. I get all uncomfortable and nervous and end up having to stop watching.
I do find military movies compelling though. Which is stupid considering I can't make it through more than a few minutes. Gabe rents them for himself to watch and I will sometimes sit with him for a few.
I couldn't even watch Saving Private Ryan or Platoon. Captain Corelli's Mandolin was more my speed and even that had disturbing parts. :(
Bruce Willis's movie may be ok for me though. I'm sure Gabe will rent it. hehe

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I try not to watch military movies. With my DH being a soldier it is really hard to watch them. Some of them aren't too bad. It just depends I guess. Pearl Harbor was very good, but it also had lots of non military stuff. Ya know?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hubby is an avid war/soldier movie watcher. I will watch with him sometimes. The new Bruce Willis movie looks good but I don't think it's a true story type film but I could be totally wrong. If GI Jane is on I always get stuck watching it. I love that movie and Viggo looks so good in uniform. ;)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pam I just read your sig line and started to cry. Did you write that?

·
Registered
895 Posts
No my Mom sent me an email last week and that's just one paragrapgh from it. I'll look to see if I can find the whole thing for you. It's a good one. :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much!! I hope you can find it. :D

·
Registered
895 Posts
Found it!

For Daphne:

I am a small and precious child, my dads been sent to fight..
The only place I'll see his face, is in my dreams at night.
He will be gone too many days for my young mind to keep track.
I may be sad, but I am proud. My daddys got your back..

I am a caring mother. My son has gone to war..
My mind is filled with worries that I have never known before.
Everyday I try to keep my thoughts from turning black.
I may be scared, but I am proud..My son has got your back..

I am a strong and loving wife, with a husband soon to go.
There are times I'm terrified in a way most never know.
I bite my lip, and force a smile as I watch my husband pack..
My heart may break, but I am proud..My husbands got your back..

I am a soldier..Serving Proudly,standing tall.
I fight for freedom, yours and mine by answering this call.
I do my job while knowing, the thanks it sometimes lacks.
Say a prayer that I'll come home. It's me whose got your back.
author unknown

(I realize this was probably written before women were in the
military so let's pray for all the brave women
who are "watching our back" as well)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you so much!! This is a great poem!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.