Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Yeah, you need to COOK the chicken first. Once done, bread and fry as you would normally to get the breading crispy.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Wow, didn't know this but wouldn't think to make deep fried chicken in a pressure cooker - not even sure how that would work out? Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Wow, didn't know that. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
19,693 Posts
I thought this was common knowledge, but I guess not. Good thing you posted a heads-up for the newbie pressure cooker cooks.

I know people do this, but I've always heard it's a dangerous practice.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Yea, not something I would think to attempt. :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I am laughing at myself because I was wondering if I could fry chicken in a pressure cooker. I was thinking that is how KFC cooks the original chicken.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
That is a very dangerous thing.. I wouldn't deep fry them ,, scare me to death,

·
Registered
9 Posts
sure you can, people do it and they actually survive!

after reading about fried chicken I did some research You CAN NOT fry chicken in a pressure cooker you have to use a pressure fryer it will ruin the seal and can explode.
How long does it take to get a post to show up that needs moderator approval? I'm still waiting!

I tried to post twice to demonstrate that people do in fact fry chicken under pressure and I provided links to pictures of the Colonels early equipment that are Presto and Mirro pressure cookers, nothing more. Nothing special. He spent a decade perfecting his method and didn't blow up.

Even the early fryers he used in the franchises were slightly modified Mirro-Matic M0406 cookers, even the gasket is the same according to guys using one of the old KFC fryers on youtube. Nothing special about them except he had a valve so they could be 'pumped up' with air to get them to 15 psi quicker.

There are people out there still using them, and people using their own. Search for "KFC Chicken Trials" for 30 said videos as they quest for the perfect chicken.

And maybe eventually a moderator will approve my previous posts with the links in them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts