Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a bike for DS's birthday online through Kmart.com (same company as Sears, they offer this too), took of advantage of the free 30 day trial of 'shipvantage'. This program gives you 'FREE' standard shipping on all items for 1 year, it'll cost you $79. I signed up for it, knowing I will be good about the 30 day limit on the 'free' trial, and it saved me about $20 in shipping. I only ordered the bike through Kmart as they had the best price, I NEVER use them for online shopping. A few days later, I googled the program name to check how to cancel it, found TONS of complaints about it- either people bought it, but are still being charged shipping on their orders, or people have repeatedly 'canceled' it and the company has ignored them and charged them the $79 anyways. I called customer service to cancel, as well as emailed customer service all pertinent info to cancel, and I have saved all emails. They did confirm it has been canceled through email, I plan to make sure I have the extra $79 in my account -just in case- they charge me anyways, reading the slew of complaints against Kmart/Sears and 'shipvanatge', I do not trust I will NOT be billed, despite having written confirmation it has been canceled WELL before the end of the 'trial'. If I have issues with being billed despite their own admittance it is canceled remains to be seen, but I wish I had 'googled' it BEFORE I had purchased the bike- would have just paid the extra $20 to ship and not have had this worry about if it's been handled properly or not hanging over my head! BUYER BEWARE

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Hope you get out of it okay..........have heard lots of complaints about the 'fine print' these days.

I got caught in one ---from ordering from a catalog----a couple years ago and learned my lesson. Good thing I charged it........and refused to pay...........but I TRY to be careful ---really careful now.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll see what happens- but in other news on it, I paid .99 for 'expedited' shipping through the program to have it delivered the 23rd, it arrived 2 days late. Maybe one day late because of the Holiday Monday, but 2? What did I pay the extra $ for? 'Regular' shipping was supposed to arrive the 23rd-25th, I paid the little extra to make sure it came the 23rd......glad we still got it in time for son's bday, just irritated they're charging for something they didn't do. Yah, it's my last time ordering from them online- nothing but headaches!

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo for the heads up - guess businesses are doing every little/big thing they can do to make an extra $ - wnder how much it is costing them to deal with all the complaints? Please let us know when/if your cancellation goes through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts