Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I know. I've been hearing it on the news all afternoon.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Some type of licensing law. Fortunately, all of the dogs are in good health so it is likely they will be adopted. Spaniels and Maltese from what I've heard. But already, the shelters are so overburdened with animals...

Reactions: frugalfranny

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Its bad for me to say but at least it was dogs that will have a chance to find a home, in my area of texas(which isnt to far from where this happened) we have large lots of donkeys and horses being dropped on the roads or just let out as people cant afford to feed them and people dont want to adopt donkeys. A lady just got arrested last week for starving 20 horses, she was in her 70's i dont know how she was affording to feed them anyway! I drove by the animal shelter in my area and it had a yard full of miniature horses! I was shocked as they said they get cattle and chickens too!

Reactions: nodmicks

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its bad for me to say but at least it was dogs that will have a chance to find a home, in my area of texas(which isnt to far from where this happened) we have large lots of donkeys and horses being dropped on the roads or just let out as people cant afford to feed them and people dont want to adopt donkeys. A lady just got arrested last week for starving 20 horses, she was in her 70's i dont know how she was affording to feed them anyway! I drove by the animal shelter in my area and it had a yard full of miniature horses! I was shocked as they said they get cattle and chickens too!
Isn't it just sad, that we, as a society, think animals are such a THROW AWAY commodity..........our CL is loaded with animals and many are free as the people can't afford them. While other IDIOTS are stealing them out of yards to sell.

I ran a quick errand this A.M. and on my way home saw two chickens out in the road.........don't know if they escaped, or someone dumped them. Not allowed to have "roosters" here so could have been male...........but still.............

·
Registered
64 Posts
How awful! Perhaps the news story will draw people to adopt most of these dogs. I have friends who have two King Cavalier Spaniels, and both are wonderful little sweethearts. Beautiful dogs..somebody will want them.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
People should be in jail.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
People should be in jail.
I am with you there!

That is what is sooooooo sad here...........seldom does much happen to them........and then they repeat it!!

We have one lady, west of town, that has been busted THREE TIMES......not this many dogs....but am sure she is probably at it again!!

And this economy has only made it worse..........

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I know if someone drove past my moms house they would think that someone left chickens out in the road or along the road but chickens if they are free range can go along way but still know where there home is...lol.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
but chickens if they are free range can go along way but still know where there home is...lol.
They will be on someone's DINNER TABLE doing that around here..........had never seen it before.......but who knows. Gotta say..........thought about dinner myself!! But then I thought about TRYING to catch them.......................and continued on........:laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts