Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys- This is not for the faint-hearted and it's going to freak you out- but pay attention to what happens when you don't pay attention.

Vidvir

My father-in-law just sent it to me and I have to tell you that it sure scares the 'bejeezers' out of you...
He says they were texting & driving...(don't know how he knows that)...

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
So sad. Life is short.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was sent this today with the following message:

Why you should drive a little slower when it is slick and DON'T mess around.
You know, I thought it appeared as if everyone was driving just a bit too fast for those conditions... I wouldn't be, but then again I would be the one everyone is passing by and giving dirty looks to...lol

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I was sent this today with the following message:

Why you should drive a little slower when it is slick and DON'T mess around.
I agree slick roads.

Also why our driver's ed teacher when I was in high school made us practice driving on ice and made us skid on purpose. So we could practice.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I agree slick roads.

Also why our driver's ed teacher when I was in high school made us practice driving on ice and made us skid on purpose. So we could practice.
Our driver's ed teacher did the same thing.

I actually took my driver's test in a blizzard. I was the first test of the morning and by the time I was done there was almost 0 visibility. They canceled the rest of the tests that day. I was just glad to get mine done!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Where's the citation that it was texting and driving? These kinds of videos usually come out of Russia, since apparently dash cams are all over the place.

It looks to me like they lost control because of the snow/slush in the middle, likely due to visibility problems from the vehicle in the next lane kicking up muck. Scooting over further than necessary to be safe backfired from the pileup in the middle.

I've lost control of my car due to a heavy slush before. Whipped me around on interstate, no texting or any other distraction involved. I was obviously more fortunate. It looked like a bomb went off in that SUV, crazy.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I thought this was going to be one of those watch carefully and something scares you. It scared me all right in a totally real way.
Wow, I can't believe how that truck explodes ... nothing left. Feel bad for the people who saw it right in front of them and it sounds like they have kids in the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.