Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
this post reminded me i need to cancel a credit monitoring service I used to get free report. i am on the phone with them now.

i am about to tell them 'if someone steals my identity they will kill themself.'

Reactions: Judi Dial

·
8,714 Posts
~I just canceled our preferred CC over online gaming charges. We've had 6 unauthorized charges in two months. Obvious fraud going on there. Something from KeyCollect and the foreign exchange rate fee were immediately reversed at fraud but I had to file a dispute for $90 of online gaming services.~

·
19,119 Posts
The crooks get smarter and so must we. Mahalo for the head's up!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a charge, I think around $30, I called the bank and told them about it. Two more transactions showed up, one over $400 Western Union. The bank didn't process them and called me. The bank was great about it. I check my account every day on line now. I also have a balance alert sent to me everyday via email.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You sure do have to look closely now days. I called the bank yesterday over a .09 foreign transaction fee. The lady acted like it was a hassle but sorry that is her job and i have had cc fraud twice.
I've heard about the small charges. It's said that they're a "test" to see if you're paying attention before they make a big charge on your card. Good catch.

·
Registered
955 Posts
My direct tv bill was $33 higher this month. Took a look at it to see why and we were being charged some "MLB Innings preview" which we did NOT sign up for and had no interest in. I have hubby calling them today to rant and get it removed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
We had to cancel a cc a couple of years ago and get a new one. We got a call from our company wanting to know if we had tried to pay health care to Blue cross Blue sheild for about 3600.00 dollars. I said No we did not. They didn't pay and they cancelled our card and issued a new one. The other day I had to call them there was a 18.00 charge for interest on it. They gave it back. We don't carry a balance on our cards and once in a while, if something unexpected comes up we will pay 1/2 the bill one mth and the other half the other mth. We pretty much always pay our card off every mth. Plus I earn money back reward for using the card. It is kind of like they pay us to use it. :) So they took it right off. we didn't have anything for them to charge interest for . TC

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Had attempts at unathorized use on my debit card last year- charges at gas stations, drug stores in states in another part of the country. The charges didn't go through, and police did NOTHING as nothing was 'stolen'. Not sure why 'attempted theft' is something to be ignored! I wonder how many folks haven't caught that charge you did, good job keeping your eyes open, and thanks for warning others.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You really do have to look out these days. A couple years ago, my brother's debit card was declined for an extremely small purchase when he actually had (he thought) $700 in his account. When he went to the bank the next morning to see what the problem was, he found out that someone had gotten his debit card info and used it to purchase a server and some boots on Ebay, leaving a few cents in his checking account. He's still not sure how they got their hands on his card info in the first place.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
This just happened to me recently as well. Someone in Great Britain was charging their cellphone bill to my CC. Cancelled it, disputed it and the charges were credited to my account thank goodness. Now I watch very closely.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.