Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased in a $20 tote a buch of silk for painting. I had no idea how much it was worth although I thought it might be a fair bit. There are at least 70 pieces of silk and prices listed on the bags of a few of them, the silk retails for about $700. I figure that I might be able to get $400-$500 because it is second hand although they have never been used.
This is the problem.
They came from a smoking household. Does anyone know if I can wash the silk in Woolite or something like that before selling? I can try to air them out on the "smoking" balconey as soon as my smoking roommate moves out in July but it might be more efficient to wash them...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wait I think I might have answered my question. I found a website that says that you MUST prewash silk before painting. Special soap but I think sixteen bucks might be worthwhile if I can get a $300 profit.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
sounds like you got a great deal................here is some info that might help..........no personal help as I have only worked with the 'silk hankies'......the thin,see through, sheets of silk...........and I use them differently.

https://texeresilk.com//main/cms/silk_care_cleaning_washing

I wouldn't think you would need some $16 soap.......keep exploring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts