Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning All! :coffee:

I'm feeling kind of energentic this morning and while the day will be pretty routine it feels like a good one.

I've got a pretty packed day at work and will be working later than the norm due to training some new hires then I will speed off to grab my younger son from his school tennis practice and take him home where I will find us leftovers for dinner. I'm still up in the air about if I will go to my older son's soccer game. It's the last home game of the season so I probably will but it's still up in the air. I've learned that when they have a bazzillion games sometimes you need to miss one and I know DH is going tonight.

As for the "waste not" of the day:
~ breakfast was some apple loaf I made the other day
~ coffee was picked up on a coupon for a free one getting ready to expire
~ lunch is stuff I brought from home
~ dinner will be leftovers (we'll probably all grab something different out of the fridge as it's odds and ends in there
~ I'll be reusing the back side of bad copies as scrap at work
~ my son will be starting the second step of his science project having to do with garbage reduction in our household tonight :thumb:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have to get my frugal motivation back....I have been off the band wagon for way too long....now that summer is over and there is less activities to participate in and such....I should be able to get myself back on track. Today is my early day at work I get out at 2pm. I have made my coffee and breakfast at home. I hope to be able to have time before I leave for work to grab something to bring for lunch...if not I have a free slice coupon for my local pizza place, so I will do that. Tonight I am going to try and make dinner with the last of my garden harvest. Stuffed green peppers. I also need to can some applesauce I made last night. The heat and A/C have not been in use for quite some time. This time of year is great, not too hot and not too cold...so no need for heat or a/c. I also plan on stopping by the newspapers office to pick up a couple of copies of this past sunday's paper for the coupons and fliers, since I forget to pick it up on Sunday. Then I will come home and clip the coupons and plan my shopping for the week. Have a great day everyone! It's a rainy gloomy autumn day here.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Already did some exercising inside but will go for a walk later today. Do not need to go anywhere today so should be a no spend day. Will keep on working to get this place in order. Have brocolli rabe that I need to cook up and put some in the freezer.

Also need to put the fans away. Will keep a small one out to put on when drying clothes indoors.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Quiet day here, feeling under the weather.
I'm sorry. Hope you feel better real soon. It's sort of like missing your virtual smile...if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I really wanted to stop for a small ice cream cone after work....but I didn't! Frozen pizza for dinner. Short shower. Baby steps

Reactions: TheRootedNomad

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Today I needed a shower curtain for the bathroom at work (officemate took hers when she moved)... so I went to Salvation Army (Weds half-price day) to try to find one... they only had one and it was HIDEOUS...

So since that was all I needed, I left *without buying anything!!!* (That's a pretty huge accomplishment for me.)

Then I went to another thrift shop and found lots of choices... found one that's bright and happy for $3.50. I also found silver candlesticks, real sterling, six of them, for $3.05. I posted it in the secondhand section of the forum... value is somewhere $100-$200 (ebay value, not list, which is way more.) Wayy geeked about that.

We were planning to have spaghetti tonight, and the kids wanted garlic bread, so I stopped in the commissary... 2 6oz packages of frozen "salad shrimp" (good over noodles in a butter or alfredo sauce), two loaves of pepperidge farm garlic bread, a pound of bacon, and a pack of hot dogs, $5.67.

Last, but not least, my special-needs daughter had a good day at school today, so for her reward she got to go to the pet store and pick out a new fish... she chose a frog instead, but whatever. DD5 also had earned fish, so we got 3 new fish, a frog, and food-- used a store credit I had and paid $1.87.

Of course, by the time we finally made it home, we were all tired and cranky, and don't even feel like spaghetti, so those that are hungry are having leftovers, garlic bread, and canned pineapple.

Not bad for a $15 day... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts