Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. What are your plans for today? I need to exercise, shower, run some errands, pay some bills, clean the house, put laundry away and iron clothes that are air dry.

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
220 Posts
My FIL is in the hospital so we've been there the past three days. This morning I've been catching up on housework and laundry. We're going back this afternoon, and probably stay until this evening.

I started the water this morning in my garden and found more gopher holes! This time they got about two feet of my radishes and a couple of onions are just gone. So frustrating.

Leftovers for lunch and probably dinner if we're home.

My frugal endeavor today is to starch my dh's jeans myself. I iron them, but he likes them very stiff (I guess it's a cowboy thing). The cleaners charges $6 a pair. I only send in his dress jeans, but a can of the heavy spray starch was only $1.22. I know they won't be the same because of the equipment they use, but it's worth a try.

Hope everyone is having a good day. :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
well got up wioth the alarm clock today..well a few mins before. im trying to stick to this. already showered and got dressed,made my bed. got kids up and fed. went grocery shopping at 1 store cuz it has a few things i like. noticed there prices went up eek. preped my salad. need to make lunch. put groceries away and checked it off my list. folded clothes. need to figure out my change jars silver/pennies. drink more water.sweep and possably rearange my living room. clear off the dinning room table from yesterdays cleaning of the cabinets. dinner tonight is left overs.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I cleaned the house early this morning, stopped at Kohl's and Walmart (had a bunch of bunch of sales- saved a ton of money on BTS clothing and a few presents!), youngest had a friend over and getting back to decluttering my bedroom tonight!

·
19,119 Posts
PW - hope your FIL is doing better.

Today I packed up 3 packages that I want to mail today - leaving only two to get ready for tomorrow. Summer school from 7-12. Then off to the PO, home to do laundry and wrap last two packages, back to town for Physical Therapy, home to clean and pack for my trip tomorrow after school. Lots to do and it seems as if I have time to do it all!!

Have a great Wednesday, the first day of July!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The kids & I ran errands this morning (combined). I worked in the barn to restore some shutters. DH is convinced we should just buy new. I say NO WAY! I'll work each day to get them done.

I pulled some fabric out of my stash and am working some new seat covers for my dining room table. The "green crayon vinyl" from 2 decades ago is long overdue to be replaced.

·
19,119 Posts
What great projects you have going Missyali!! I agree with you - work on the projects a little at a time, get them done, save money - success to me!!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Hi Everyone~ I showered and got ready for work packed my lunch, ate breakfast. Got dinner ready for dh chicken breasts maranaiding in ziplock bag in fridge. Now relaxing after taking dog for a walk with dh.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
~Had a 'breakfast buffet', by fishing out all the packages of pancakes, french toast and banana bread I had in the freezer
~Made two loaves of bread, chocolate bread and cupcakes
~Leftovers for lunch
~sewed a skirt for dd
~made a roast chicken for dinner
~kids are watching library videos right now

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I worked 12 hours, came home and ate some soup. After I get done here I'm going to bed.

Cat

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Today was just half a day!

I got home from work @ 7am and slept until noon.
Did some computer stuff.
Ordered a grain mill :)
Drove DS to swim practice
Thawed out some mexican pork for dinner, cooked some rice to go with it.
Laid on the couch and watched part of Pitchmen (Billy Mays reality show)
Headed back to bed before too much longer - big plans for tomorrow!

·
19,119 Posts
It's 6pm and I'm getting ready to fold laundry and clean up!! I even got the two packages wrapped and mailed on the way back from PT. Gotta get back to work, just wanted to share some success - it feels good!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts