·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Busy, busy day ahead

Grocery shop
Find my suitcase
Find my airline tickets
Pack (oh, laundry so I can pack CLEAN clothes!!)
Plane leaves for Albany at 7:24 pm
Buy some black dress shoes
Track down a home care client and give her the monthly injection she needs
Leave a list of stuff for the rest of the family to do while I'm in Albany - we have a real estate open house 12 hours after I get back on Sunday

Guess I'd better quit fooling around on the computer and get busy :) :(

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Have a safe trip Mary. It is a nice cool morning, I am getting ready to go bike. Have finished up the morning routine.Today I am celebrating an anniversary- it's been great and I am looking foward to the next 30 years together. Sadly DH had to work, so just planning a nice supper here at home and we will do something this weekend, as one of us will be arriving at the BIG 5-0.Good times.Today is errands day. Grocery store, post office, cleaners .I am also going to stop in and see a friend while I am in the next town over.Back home to make supper, and hopefully get in a swim with DH(maybe a skinny dip tee hee) Have a good one!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
We woke up to a cool, rainy day here today. So we'll be spending the day doing inside things.

I need to do some general cleaning...laundry, dishes, dusting, sweeping, etc. Good day to do it since we are stuck inside!

I was thinking about getting some baking done today too, since it is cool. Want to bake some blueberry muffins and some bread. I might also make up a big bowl of pico de gallo for DH, if I have time for all the chopping!

I have a lady coming for some freecycled clothes that I have.

Might get to the gym, but if it stops raining I might just go for a run since it is cool.

I'd like to do some reading today too, since i picked up some interesting books at the library...but we'll see how far I get on the important things first!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I really must be disorganized today. I went to the Tuesday forum to post and started wondering why all the posts said yesterday! It is already Wednesday isn't it. I hope this isn't a sign of how today is going to go. LOL.

I've got my grubby clothes on and am planning to tackle my neglected veggie garden. I'm also going to transplant some more herbs I started indoors. It's supposed to be in the low 90's today, so lots of sunscreen and burts bees bug spray. The mosquitos are awful here.

I also need to make a grocery list for tomorrow, do 2 loads of laundry, get my ironing done, and get fabric ready for a sewing project.

Planning leftovers for both lunch and supper to get the frig cleaned out.

Have a great day. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mary, you'll be in my state (we live in a suburb of Buffalo), though 4 1/2 hours away. Have a safe trip!!!

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to your home, annymoll! Both big milestones, wow!!! :)

I'm going to get off of the computer as soon as I'm done typing, and actually get something DONE! I have much to do today too. Then we're going to see my brother's band play at the grove, and eat dinner there too. At least I don't have to cook...two days in a row! NOT great for the frugalness though! :-\

Tracy Q.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
My Waste Not Wednesday

Yesterday was pretty busy for me with food preparation activities.

I've made a list of things I need to do outdoors:

Gardening: plant the rest of the 6-packs, tie the grapevine, nail up the strings for the runner beans, transplant the runner beans and bush beans, plant more lettuce & basil seed, transplant basil to larger pots, transplant the morning glories, cucs. Dig up the border for transplanting the zuccini; tansplant the zuccini.
Plant flowers in hanging planters.
Hoe garden again with rod-weeder hoe; put tomato cages over tomato plants.

Lawn: mow the back lawn & front lawn as soon as the rest of the Siberian Elm tree seeds have sprouted.

Patio: sweep the rest of the patio where the seeds are lying in drifts behind planters, chairs, tools etc.

Bushes: prune the Nanking Cherry trees after they finish fruiting; pick the Black Currants when ready

Harvest: harvest rhubarb, chives (scissor-snip, then freeze in bags)

This is way too much to do in 1 day, so I'll see how things go today.
:dead:
I see my first little tomatoes on my Tiny Tim Tomato plants!!! :tom:

- Will have my turkey soup & scones for meals; would like to do some baking this week: banana bread, brownies, make dough for refrigerator rolls. The forecast is for rain by Friday, so I'll have to see how things develop.

Whenever there is a huge amount of work to get done, I find that it is best to just focus on one thing at a time, and see how much I can realistically get done--doing the most important things first.

·
Registered
525 Posts
well of course i have to get out of bed lol so i did showered dressed. went over my planner made the bed. checked my menu plan for tonight got all ingrediants set em on counter. write a letter. fold the sheets from yesterday. random pick up of the house. return dvds to library go to store for milk and return a pair of shorts..too big yay me.

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I'm working in stealth mode again, hubby is working nights and is sleeping. So I'm flinging old reciepts and paperwork. I need to log electric bills, earnings from recycling cans, and coupon savings. That should eliminate a good amount of paper. I have pork chops thawing for dinner. I think after dinner I will pull some weeds, it should be cool enough by then. Hope everyone has a great day. Be safe Mary.

Cat

·
19,119 Posts
Love how you create your to do lists Incognito - so detailed, so doable!! So Much - yea - that too!!! ;)

After work this morning (7-12) I have the rest of the day off - an unusual occurence this summer!! Really want to work on our living room - and need to do lot of laundry too!!

Have a great day!!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm working in stealth mode again, hubby is working nights and is sleeping. So I'm flinging old reciepts and paperwork. I need to log electric bills, earnings from recycling cans, and coupon savings. That should eliminate a good amount of paper. I have pork chops thawing for dinner. I think after dinner I will pull some weeds, it should be cool enough by then. Hope everyone has a great day. Be safe Mary.

Cat
I work nights, and love your 'stealth mode' comment!! You are thoughtful. My husband once interrupted my day's sleep to say ," There's someone on the phone for you, do you want to talk to them or keep sleeping?"
Night shift work is the reason I like bacon and eggs at 5pm!!!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Been a nice quiet day. I've already:
~washed dishes
~made bed
~picked up downstairs
~taken dd to SPCA

Still need to:
~put away folded laundry (been procrastinating on this)
~pick up dd from SPCA
~make dinner
~knit

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Today was errand day, did all my errands and drove in one big loop!

·
Registered
123 Posts
So far today, I ran 4 miles, packed lunches, cooked breakfast, went to work for four hours, brought children home for naps, and I am relaxing before I have to cook supper.

- Need to work on paperwork for work
- Make bed
- Give baths
- Go over piano with both boys
- Work on reading with 41/2 year old
- Go to bed early - late night with 6 month old

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Busy, busy day ahead

Grocery shop
Find my suitcase
Find my airline tickets
Pack (oh, laundry so I can pack CLEAN clothes!!)
Plane leaves for Albany at 7:24 pm
Buy some black dress shoes
Track down a home care client and give her the monthly injection she needs
Leave a list of stuff for the rest of the family to do while I'm in Albany - we have a real estate open house 12 hours after I get back on Sunday

Guess I'd better quit fooling around on the computer and get busy :) :(

I'm only about an hour from Albany.....Welcome to my neck of the woods!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Love how you create your to do lists Incognito - so detailed, so doable!! So Much - yea - that too!!! ;)
I don't think she ever stops. I love reading hers also.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
You people just slay me...I didn't get anything done all day...I did bake a loaf of banana bread this evening and a fresh cherry cobbler (only ruined 2 shirts pitting the darn things...and I remember now I have two aprons I made sitting in the drawer...that'll teach me!!). And I am going to do my dry cleaning (I used dryel here at home), but that is about it...TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY, OH HAPPINESS OVERFLOWING

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Garden fun on frugal Friday

Things I've done today (outlined in bold) even if I listed them a few days ago:

Gardening: plant some of the rest of the 6-packs, tie the grapevine, nail up the strings for the runner beans, transplant the runner beans and bush beans, plant more lettuce & basil seed, transplant basil to larger pots, transplant the morning glories, cucs. Dig up the border for transplanting the zuccini; tansplant the zuccini.
Plant flowers in hanging planters.Hoe garden again with rod-weeder hoe; put tomato cages over tomato plants.

Lawn: mow the back lawn & front lawn as soon as the rest of the Siberian Elm tree seeds have sprouted.

Patio: sweep the rest of the patio where the seeds are lying in drifts behind planters, chairs, tools etc.

Bushes: prune the Nanking Cherry trees after they finish fruiting; pick the Black Currants when ready

Harvest: harvest rhubarb, chives (scissor-snip, then freeze in bags)

Whenever there is a huge amount of work to get done, I find that it is best to just focus on one thing at a time, and see how much I can realistically get done--doing the most important things first.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts