Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breakfast at home
Coffee at work
Lunch is already in the fridge at work

All add up to a great start for the second semester!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
dinner is in the crock pot as we have church tonight so its always tempting to eat out on Wednesdays! we wont be tonight. Breakfast being made and lunch is already at work as well!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Way to get us started, early risers! :) Awesome!

Today is ds' 10th birthday! I can't believe it. So, needless to say, today will be spent making him feel like a king! lol Blueberry muffins are almost done for breakfast. Then I take my birthday kiddo some fast food for lunch and eat with them in the cafeteria.

After school (and work for me) we will have him open some presents and then we are going out to eat again for supper. I'm hoping he has a fabulous day!

I, on the other hand, will be running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I do this to myself every year when I'm planning a birthday party. I just stress over it, yet I know it will be ultimately be just fine. So I will more than likely be up late working on details for this Harry Potter birthday party this weekend.

Have a fabulous day, everyone! :)

-Vanessa

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Right now it is in the teens outside. So did not go for my walk even though I have everything I need to go outside in the cold. Decided to stay in and jog in place instead. Tomorrow I will get myself outside.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Today is more laundry (think I might get it all done today)
Dinner will be chicken thighs & drumsticks with mashed taters and veggy with salad and rolls
I took back pop cans ($21.00 from the 210 cans)
And I took back some stuff I purchased at Michael's that I don't need ($17.00) so I have $38.00 that I can put in my gas tank and it doesn't have to come out of the account!

Gonna finish up that laundry and get the house clean so that I can start on the basement soon.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Whew - back to work after a 4.5 day weekend. Didn't sleep well last night, so looking forward to heading home and relaxing.

No spend day
All meals homemade
Updated my to-do list
Stopping at GoodWill after work to drop off stuff

·
Registered
157 Posts
Didn't wear my $2. thrift store rubber shoes to slop around in the muddy park on my walk today. Wore them for the first time yesterday and got blisters on the middle toes of each foot. Put some band-aids on it but could still feel the pain. Going to wait until the blisters heal and then try it again, with the band-aids applied as a preventative to see if I can make this work.

The park is going to be sloppy every day for the next four months and I don't want to go out and spend $40 on a pair of rubber shoes (crocs) when they're so ugly and I'm only going to slop around in the park mud in them anyway. Hope I can make them work.

·
Registered
429 Posts
put the baby (2years old) to sleep in a pair of pj pants that her older brother (5yrs) has outgrown. He just wore them to bed last week. I called them pj capris lol :) I had to roll the legs for her of course...but i call that extreme hand me downs! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
put the baby (2years old) to sleep in a pair of pj pants that her older brother (5yrs) has outgrown. He just wore them to bed last week. I called them pj capris lol :) I had to roll the legs for her of course...but i call that extreme hand me downs! :)
I have been known to do that too with my oldest and 2nd child who are 2.5 years apart!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Taking it easy today, not feeling 100%.

Got the dishwasher running, kitchen cleaned up from dinner and coffee ground for the next week or so. Oh, managed to clear a whole slew of recorded programs off of the PVR.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts