Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!

Well, I didn't sleep worth a darn again. Happens every once in awhile, and I woke up with one extremely puffy eyelid. :huh: Very bizarre, never happened before. Hopefully nobody points and laughs today.

Today shouldn't be as crazy for me. Work as usual, and then dd and possibly ds have church school after school. Other than that, NO ACTIVITIES TONIGHT! Woo-hoo! We are on the go way too much for this homebody.

I'm being stubborn this morning and opted not to start a fire. I spent all that time yesterday getting one started only for it to fizzle out before I left for work in the morning. Sigh, maybe tomorrow morning after a hopefully good night's sleep.

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
27,948 Posts
Ya look like this Vanessa? :skept: Hope you sleep better tonight. Come on fire-girl, you are a pro!

Quiet day at home today, I'll do some laundry and fuss around with a few odd jobs.
So pretty this morn, a few quick snow squalls came through and gave everything a nice sparkle dusting. The sun hit is and it's magic. :dust:
Crazy cat has been in & out since 5am. Still no litter box usage. :loop: Hubby and dog are out for a walk so here I sit in my bathrobe about to go get another cup of coffee.

It sure is nice having the fire heating the house for the most part but it really does seem to leave more dusting for me to do. I suppose instead of dusting I could create works of art in it and tell everyone to admire and not criticize my housekeeping. Hmmm, I may be on to something there.

Leftovers for dinner so that's a savings of time & money.
Hope you all have a creative day!
>' )
( ( \
''|\

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Good morning!!!!It is a frosty, chilly day but the sun is shining!It's going to be a long day.Have been to the gym to swim and now I am getting ready to go with my dear husband to pick up cattle he bought. Someone is enjoying this alot more than just for tax benefits, and it is not me. But not going to waste three days we have together so dragging out my Muck's and going along. Yee, Haw!Hope y'all have a super day!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I need to clean out the refrigerator, make a freezer inventory, make the bed. I've already composed meeting minutes and emailed them, washed dishes and sent some emails.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Working today. I am attending a fire dept. training with dh tonight. Ds14 has hockey practice at the same time but found himself a ride, woot!

Started laundry before leaving for work, and Ds11 will flip it and start the second load when he gets home from school. It's his week for laundry.

Pasta with homemade alfredo sauce for dinner, with steamed broccoli.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Today is going to be a busy one!

So far I have:
-Carried out the trash & recycle stuff
- 4 loads of towels. (I wish I could wash & dry more then 4 at a time)
-Put the second coat of paint on the room
- Cleaned the kitchen
-Wrote my appeals letter so I can hopefully return to school

I am going to continue on this laundry until its time to pick DD up from school. She has dance tonight so it is pizza night. There is a pizza place right next to the dance studio, and dancers/parents receive 25% off even when using a coupon!! I have a buy on get one free so our 2 pizza's should be around $8.00 with the extra 25% off!! Yippie. Then I eat the left overs for lunch!

After I get her in bed tonight I will paint the 3rd and hopefully last coat of paint in the baby's room.

Have a great day!!

(Man all I do is laundry looking at the daily posts lol)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Good errr, afternoon girls. I'm a little late today thanks to a :mouse::censor:. I thought I saw something run along the wall night before last. Oh yes I did. The gutsy little imp was gnawing away as loud as you please, on something which I haven't found yet, latst night. I opened up the doors and a few minutes later chewing noises again. He didn't quit until I actually stomped my foot or slammed my hand on the counter above him. So I took everything out of bottom cabinets last night and started cleaning this morning. Lucky for him this is on my decluttering challenge list. I told DH he gets to set a couple of traps before he leaves for work tonight.
I plan on making chicken & noodles in the crock pot for dinner. I have dishes to put away, much later. That's it for me today.
Darlene did you ever catch your little friend?

Cat

·
Registered
742 Posts
I am not feeling well today. One of the kids brought we home a cold from school. I got the first kid off to school and got the the floor swept. I also need to get the bathrooms clean before I take my kindergartener to school. I also have my kids caseworker (foster care) coming this afternoon. Luckly the house doesn't look too bad, because I don't have the energy to clean it up today.
We as also have awana's tonight, but I am not sure that we are going. We will see how the kids and I feel this afternoon.

·
27,948 Posts
Good errr, afternoon girls. I'm a little late today thanks to a :mouse::censor:. I thought I saw something run along the wall night before last. Oh yes I did. The gutsy little imp was gnawing away as loud as you please, on something which I haven't found yet, latst night. I opened up the doors and a few minutes later chewing noises again. He didn't quit until I actually stomped my foot or slammed my hand on the counter above him. So I took everything out of bottom cabinets last night and started cleaning this morning. Lucky for him this is on my decluttering challenge list. I told DH he gets to set a couple of traps before he leaves for work tonight.
I plan on making chicken & noodles in the crock pot for dinner. I have dishes to put away, much later. That's it for me today.
Darlene did you ever catch your little friend?

Cat
We cought 2 of them and we are leaving the cabinet they love empty for a bit longer and trap in place just in case there are others. Hope you nab yours fast. Darn things.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
We cought 2 of them and we are leaving the cabinet they love empty for a bit longer and trap in place just in case there are others. Hope you nab yours fast. Darn things.
I'm sure there is more than one, there usually is and from what I saw, this one looks small, which means baaabiiieeeessss!!!!:grrr: Glad you caught at least 2, and hope that's the end of them for you.

Cat

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Mid day check in here...great bright sunny day out and its not that cold here. :)

Already done:
* sent the Roomba off to vacuum
* dishwasher unloaded and started reloading dishwasher (this is beginning to become habit for me AND dad's slowly realizing that anything he washes will just get put into the dishwasher to be run at night so he's not really washing anymore - which is the goal)
* made DF's coffee & filled his thermos, packed his lunch, took him to the hospital to see the doctor - he is to now stop using the crutches and air boot and told to walk on his broken but healing ankle. This week will NOT be fun...I can just tell :lol:
* dropped DF at work
* made bed
* folded laundry
* took dad and MADE him walk around at Costco - no scooter for him - to get his blood sugars down (he doesn't believe me that a bit of walking helps - this proved my point)

Still left to do:
* clean both bathrooms
* clear the clothes off of the dressers in bedroom
* laundry run after 9pm
* pack DF's lunch for tomorrow
* make list of what to pack up and bring down from DF's condo this weekend

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.