Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, all!

Must have had a good night sleep, I woke up 30 minutes early. Normally that makes me cranky, but I wasn't too tired. So I popped out of bed and got ready early. And wow, what a treat to get to sit around for 20 minutes longer in the morning before the chaos of getting kids up starts!

Today is going to be busy, as usual. I need to stop by the credit union to check on our application for membership over my lunch hour, and then need to head to Costco to get the packages of pre-sliced apples for my youngest dd's snack for her class tomorrow. After school youngest dd has church school, so I will have to head back to town to pick her up again after I take home the others.

I'm going to take out some bbq meatballs I froze this past weekend and eat those for supper. And then if I have time after doing homework and laundry, I will continue to declutter my master closet. This getting rid of stuff is AMAZING! I took 6 bags of stuff to Goodwill yesterday. Woo-hoo!

- Vanessa

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Hello, Vanessa...I am a Vanessa too!!!!

Today I will be working at my hubby's office till 2pm. Then I will be going home to fit DD for a dress that we are making for her...I am pretty excited and scared, I have never made a dress for a person before and I am hoping it turns out well.

We will be eating leftover meatloaf for dinner and I packed my lunch today...I should have to spend one cent today :) I also packed DD's lunch for school.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

·
27,948 Posts
Glad you got some extra quiet time Vanessa. :)

Lazy day here today, had 2 cups of coffee and I still am feeling like a slug-a-bed. It being cloudy and rainy doesn't help much either.
I was going to go grocery shopping today but think I'll put it off 'til tomorrow. Hate schlepping groceries in the rain, mad dashes to the car and all just doesn't seem like fun.
I've got some picking up & dishes to do.

Just took some pork out of the freezer for dinner since I'm not going shopping and will be turning the leftover Fusilli with Broccoli & Beans into a salad for dinner by adding a bit of mayo to it. Tastes pretty good.:)

It was so warm yesterday and over night that we didn't need a fire this morning so some wood savings there. Speaking of nice weather it was probably be the warmest we'll see until Spring and we took advantage by sitting out after dinner last night. Riley with his rawhide & Jack & I with some after dinner "Something Wumthings" aka:Good stuff. This time whisky on the rocks. No bugs out, was so nice.

Still reading my trilogy, enjoying it and just shows me I should read "fantasy" books more often. Quite the adventures.

Hope you all have a Wednesday filled with heart warming "Something Wumthings" :heartsm:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did any of you get hit by the massive storm last night?? It's finally made it's way to DC and now, and it is a rainy rainy Wednesday!! I thought today would be a great day to re-introduce myself around here! I'm A, and I recently started doing some work with the Sperry-Topsider team. I was really hoping to get your opinions on some of their boots!

This rainy weather puts Rainboots on my mind, what are your thoughts on the Sperry Pelican's?? I personally really like fun Zebra print ones, I think they add a little bit of happiness to my otherwise grey day!

I can't wait to hear your thoughts!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
it's supposed to be near 86 today, so no heat or ac for us. supposed to get stormy later this afternoon so I am enjoying having my windows open now.

don't plan on spending money today since I'm still not feeling well. will only leave the house to go pick up the kids. leftovers for dh and myself for lunch. and attempt to clean up my kitchen. still need to work on decluttering before we move. I did so well last month...haven't done much this month. I seem to have lost my mojo :bag:

hope everyone else has a great day

·
27,948 Posts
Love 'em, dreary weather needs some spicing up with boots like that! And those storms were/are something, fine here though.
I was at the doctors the other day & was admiring an older woman, probably in her mid 80's. She made me smile with how put together she looked with her boots like the plaid ones on the right & matching trench coat(tan coat with the plaid on the inside of the hood, cuffs & lining). I remarked on how I loved her outfit and she was thrilled with the compliment. She was something, beautiful, fashionable and oh so nice. :)

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
541 Posts
No spend day for me today. Friend brought sausage biscuits to the office for breakfast; company furnishes coffee, tea, fruit; lunch will be leftovers from yesterday for 7 - 10 of us here at the office. DH will be taking me out to supper (it's my birthday) and best of all it will be free with coupons!!! All he has to pay for is the tip.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Been busy up early packed lunches for dh an ds made sauce for tonites dinner along with stuffed artichokes and probably some sausage the house smells like an italian restaurant Cleaned our bathroom did laundry .Gonna run to the store for a few things and bake some banana bread from overripe bananas on the counter Rainy and muggy here in NJ and warm One more day of warmth and then it gets cool again Hope everyone has a great day

·
Registered
867 Posts
Laundry is already going. It's supposed to be cold and icky, so I'm trying not to go anywhere. I need to vacuum the bedrooms and give the kitchen a good clean.

I really need a nap though! Is it Friday yet?! lol

·
27,948 Posts
Happy Birthday shp1055! :cake:

Reactions: shp1055

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's a snow day! :snowman:

My day was off to a slow start. I couldn't sleep last night because the wind was howling. I slept in and only did the necessities so we could leave earlier than usual due to road conditions. Then I opened my garage door to 3 feet of snow blown in. DS8 and I shoveled the driveway out a bit, but when I took a good look at the roads, I knew we wouldn't be gtting anywhere. Finally, i gave up and announced a snow day for us.

So I'm at home, missing a day of work (won't be paid, boo!) and I have created a long list of chores for the day. Right now there are a couple of date loaves baking and I'm nursing my morning coffee and trying to enjoy this forced day off.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
You could probably say i am wasting this Wednesday,haven't got much done,slept late not felling to good but i have got get started do some laundry,chop up some onion go in freezer before they go bad.Hope every one has a good day.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I had the carpets cleaned this morning. After they left, I put laundry away, swept wood floors, made lunch and did a few other things around the house. I still need to vacuum the big rug in out family room and reconcile bank statements. Hope everyone is having a good day.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Happy Birthday shp!!! :cake:

I hope those of you who are under the weather start feeling better really soon!

Snow day here today. Spent some time shovelling, making magnets for Christmas stockings (it really seems like Christmas here now!), house-cleaning and will make dinner soon. After dinner it is time to start making slippers!

Have a great day everyone! :)

·
19,119 Posts
Happy Birthday shp1055!!! Enjoy your dinner with your DH!!

For those of you having a rough time just getting going - just join me - I'm 3-6 hours behind most if not all of you - so you can just be on Hawaii time!!

I was going to clean the area on my side of the bed, but instead ended up working on the area on my side of the couch - it's all spread out, not to clean out and organize whatever's left!!

White chicken chili for dinner - so I rehydrated the beans, made chicken broth from the chicken carcass from last night and will soon put all the ingredients in the crock pot.

Also want to make some white bean hummus - had some great hummus at the Cheesecake Factory last week. Bought sosme celery to have with it instead of pita bread.

Need to tag the pumpkins that my preschoolers stuffed for the office staff.

One small load of laundry is in - the only size I can do now, but at least that's progress.

So I'm off to clean up the mess I made - in my never ending quest to be clutter free!! Watching old movies as I go - works for me!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.