Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone! I've been up since 12:15am so it's been a LONG day for me already LOL.

So far today I have gotten the kids up, fed and out the door.

Fluffed and folded a load of laundry

Unloaded and re-loaded the dishwasher

I still need to go for groceries and maybe do a little Christmas shopping

Load the dishwasher again

Pick up the living room a little

Make something for dinner

Then it's off to bed at 8 to watch Dog the Bounty Hunter for three hours!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Dh is off to work with his thermos of soup and sandwich dogs fed dishwasher loaded. I have applied for two jobs online this morning its like tossing a message into abottle and throwing it in the ocean. Ds who usually pcik up a day of work every wednesday not working today or last week and was told not in the forseeable future That one day usually pays for gas to drive back and forth to college so this really sucks. I plan on doing some cleaning and shopping and thats about it Have a great day everyone

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Good morning villagers! I need to work on floors and windows today. Also, the upolshered furniture needs to be vacuumed. I have some shredding to do and some gifts to wrap. Have a good day everyone.:)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Good Morning! Taking a quick break at work to check in here! I'll be going home for lunch, then tonight I need to clean up the kitchen, change my sheets, continue with my embroidery projects and try to head to bed early. I hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Actually, I am gonna take it a little easy today. DD's laundry needs washing, but other than that not too much. I am going to have a busy weekend with Garage Sale II and preparing to host Turkey Day next week. I just need a day to decompress. I'll probably end up getting a good bit accomplished, but at a sloooow rate.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good morning all!

Well, it's 8:53 a.m., and so far....

DS18 is up, lunch packed and off to school.

Dog has been fed/watered and let out - twice.

Started a load of laundry, freshened up some of the Ebay clothing in the dryer and brough it back upstairs to be listed.

Emptied & reloaded the dishwasher. Not much in there, so it will probably not be run until later tonight.

Checked in on Facebook, wasted a little time on game apps there. :blush: LOL My one indulgence.

My bed is made up! Always feel like my room looks better that way!

For the rest of today...

DD21 is en route via bus, arriving at 6:15 p.m., so I have time today to get things done, while I'm off on my last mandatory day off due to reduced work hours. Back to 40 hrs next week.

Finish getting DS11's room ready for DD21 to move into. (DS11 is living with dad now.)

List clothing on Ebay, box up and take to basement storage as soon as it's listed to get it out of the way.

Sweep the basement steps and floor and take the vacuum down there to tackle the cobwebs in the rafters. How the heck do those things form so darn quickly?? :confused:

Vacuum & straighten my bedroom

Vacuum & straighten living room, entryway and mudroom

Sweep & straighten kitchen

Touch up bathrooms

Run vacuum over the couch - darn dog!! :va:

Make grocery list & sort coupons

Wrap DS18's gift for his b'day party on Saturday, print out card

Clean off desk (OMG...what a mess) :box:

Wow...looks like I better get started!!! LOL I'm going to have to come back and check off this list as I get things done...it will make me feel a lot better!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Good Morning!
Today it was an accomplishment to get out of bed. I was SO tired this morning. :sleepy: But, I got up anyway and got the kids off to school. One of the buses got here a bit early, but we still made it!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Good morning Villagers (that sounds so much better than Village People :) )

Ate my Jimmy Dean D-Lite breakfast Sandwich (290 calories and pretty darned good) and am on my second cup of liquid motivation (black, two splendas)

It's bleak and cold here today in Indiana, so everyone slept in except DH who is at work - BUT - he'll be home at 11:15 so I'd better get cracking!! (He has all these unused days off he is REQUIRED to use by the end of the month or lose them that he's only working 15 hours this week!!) His job does not pay a lot, but the benefits are terrific and it is such an employee friendly environment that we feel very blessed)

Anyway, the rest of the day looks like this-

School with the teens

DS has an hour of driving time with the drivers' ed people- today is parallel parking (I should go with him as I NEVER learned to do it)

Bible study / AWANA this evening

I'm speaking to a MOPS group tomorrow morning about cooking/grocery shopping and they want me to demonstrate making a pie!! So I need to plan all that out and gather my stuff. They are such an eager, grateful group of learners that I'm always happy to meet with them!

The teens did the menu planning and grocery shopping yesterday, so they'll be fixing pork chops for dinner later - they just don't know it yet :)

Have a blessed day everyone!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I've not got much done yet.
I did get my hubby off to work
Need to hang a load of clothes
empty dishwasher
reload dishwasher
make the bed
clean the kitchen
fix dinner
if I have time I need to clean my bed and bathroom

take a walk out in my woods

You all have a great day!

·
Registered
57 Posts
morning ya'll :)) slept through hubby leaving for work this morning. it was cold in the house and I was warm under the blankets. haha anyways, woke up and went to mil for coffee since my coffee pot died yesterday. Dropped my daughter off with grandma bc for some reason hanging out with grandma at 3 yrs old is sooo much cooler than hanging out with mom. haha. gonna go do laundry bc i need my black pants clean for tonite. gonna go to dinner with district manager (for free and its tex-mex. i love the hoildays) I think itll be a nice time. gonna take my school work with me to laundry mat and work on homework while my clothes r gettin clean. hope everyone has a blessed day......

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Already took DS2 up to the school to see what can be done to reenroll him in school next semester. He is not officially ours, his mom has now taken off for Texas (no way to get in touch with her) but he turns 18 in a few weeks.
Have to iron and clean my bathroom. Kids are doing better with their chores this week.

·
Registered
264 Posts
thoughts and prayers your way, tigo! You'll make it through the next few weeks until DS2 turns 18, and things will be just fine!

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I got a ton done already today.

-vaccuumed the upstairs hallway, master bedroom, and the girls room

-got the girls to pick up all of their toys(I threatened every toy I picked up I would keep)

-3 loads of laundry washed dryed and put away

-made a double batch of pumpkin muffins

I think I might take it easy the rest of the day though. I am wiped out.

·
Registered
264 Posts
WOOHOO! Update time...

Finish getting DS11's room ready for DD21 to move into. (DS11 is living with dad now.) DONE!

List clothing on Ebay, box up and take to basement storage as soon as it's listed to get it out of the way. A WORK IN PROGRESS...

Sweep the basement steps and floor and take the vacuum down there to tackle the cobwebs in the rafters. How the heck do those things form so darn quickly?? :confused: DONE!

Vacuum & straighten my bedroom A WORK IN PROGRESS..

Vacuum & straighten living room, entryway and mudroom DONE!

Sweep & straighten kitchen DONE!

Touch up bathrooms DONE!

Run vacuum over the couch - darn dog!! :va: DS18 TO DO WHEN HE GETS HOME...LOL

Make grocery list & sort coupons WORK IN PROGRESS!

Wrap DS18's gift for his b'day party on Saturday, print out card DONE!

Clean off desk (OMG...what a mess) :box: DONE!

-------------------------------

I love being able to check off a list....makes me feel like I accomplished something today! LOL

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey kittykatstrong -

you reminded me of my mom with the threat of keeping the picked-up toys!

She used to clean our rooms, put everything she picked up into a large box or bag, and if we wanted it back, we had to PAY for it...out of our allowance. $0.25 per item.

It worked!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Dropped an order off at the post office and went to the grocery store and only purchased items that I absolutely needed, were on sale, and/or I had a coupon for.

We had a huge tree in the front yard cut down Monday and they ground the stump. Hubby and I are hauling the wood to the carport to dry out for firewood for next winter. Every day I haul a couple of wheelbarrows of the ground up stump to the backyard. I am using it for mulch in the flowerbeds, filling a couple of holes the dogs dug around the hot tub, and putting it in the compost pile.

The weather is beautiful! We had a cold front come through a couple of days ago and it has been in the low 40's at night and low 60's during the day with low humidity. THIS is my kind of weather.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
There room looked like a tornado had gone through it and they were just playing. But when I showed up at the bedroom door with my vaccuum and am empty box it got there behinds in gear.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I know it's close to some of our bedtimes, but I just gotta post. I did my 8 hours at work and then had to run over to DH's work and pick up a FREE 14lb. turkey. They get one every Thanksgiving. I folded a load of clothes, got hubby off to work, and fixed a bite to eat. Once I'm done here at my favorite place, I want to get some reading in before bed. Hope to get a good nights sleep tonight. I did a lot of tossing and turning last night. Well I guess I'll see you all in the morning.

Cat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts