Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, Village....

This has been my schedule since 11 p.m. last night:

11:00 p.m.: Go to bed.
1:00 a.m.: Fall asleep.
3:30 a.m.: Wake up feelilng wide awake and craving a fried twinkie

I am SOOOO anxious about going back to work today...I've been off of work for 5 days and only have to go back for 2 before the next holiday and weekend. This happens to me EVERY single year the night I go back after a short hiatus. UGH. Even if I take a vacation, this is what happens.

Not sure where the fried twinkie craving came from....haha....I've never even had one before, but I've been counting calories and losing weight, and just woke up feeling extra hungry. Had a bowl of cereal when I woke up but am still feeling a bit hungry....it feels like my stomach is touching the back of my rib cage. hehe

Well, I think I'll go scrounge around for something else to eat....have a great day everyone!!!!!!!

:sun:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If I dont go to the bank today we will be living off the change jar Dh didnt get paid until yesterday was supposed to paid on friday but boss didnt show to pay him and then the blizzard so bank is #1 priority. need to pick up a few things at the store and then its pretty much home for a quiet day starting to take down some Christmas decorations and that always makes me sad but I have alot up so I better get started wont do the tree until after new years eve gonna try to walk today Hope evryone has a good one

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have to work today til 2...Then hope to run to the laundromat and get some laundry done. Then we are being blessed with a free dinner at a local restaurant that will be officially opening for business tomorrow, but friends and family of the employees get to get treated tonight to dinner! My friends husband is the cook, so we are going with her to dinner! Yummy! Oh and it's a buffet...so get to eat as much as we want! I have to stop at the bank and then send out my bills as well...or the elec company might not like me too much! LOL Have a great day everyone!

·
27,948 Posts
Lol about the twinkie Andrea.

Sorry your sad about the tree & decorations coming down Lora, I'm always happy to see it go so things can get back to "normal" whatever that is.;)

Pays to know the right people hotprincesscm, enjoy that dinner!

Got some visiting to do later so we won't be home all day like we usually are. Field Trip! After an early lunch we'll be heading over to my in laws because Jacks sister & family are here visiting from Delaware. We were supposed to visit with them yesterday but they wisely changed their plans when the weather turned out so nasty. It'll be nice to see them since we haven't seen them since the summer and that was only for a few hours. I think we are due a trip out there to stay a night or 2, this seeing each other for only a couple hours a year is nice but a longer visit would be fun too. Glad I get along well with dh's family. :)

No mice today, good luck on your hunt Cat.

I keep opening the linen closet door & admiring the work I did on it yesterday, gives me the want-to to tackle another problem spot. The porch closet seems like a good contender. We did our porch over, insulated it etc. to be our kitchen eating area and on the far end is the closet that holds coats etc on one side and is partitioned off with the other side holding all my kitchen big pans, appliances etc. Time to weed out what I don't need/use and find homes for them & just generally straighten & re-organize.
Still haven't used that dryer:thumb: and we won't be stopping anywhere so we'll only be out the gas to go visit. Man is that getting expensive...hubby filled the gas cans for winter use and it was $3.30/gal. Glad dh doesn't have to commute anymore. Our car sits there for days sometimes weeks without moving.
Pulled a portion of lasagna we made & froze out of the freezer since we won't be home to fuss over something to make.
Hope you all have a fuss free day!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Since I wrecked DD's car, we are currently down to one car until her's gets out of the body shop.
*Had to take DH to work and will pick him up this afternoon.
*Drop DS off at school so he can lift weights with his coach then pick him up two hours later.
*Still need to finish unpacking from our Disney trip.
*Start soaking beans for chili.
*Keep fighting this nasty head cold.

*Let's just note the wreck was not my fault. A young girl pulled out from a stop sign across my lane and I T-boned her. Yes, I have wrecked DD's car twice in 10 months through no fault of my own. In 21 years of driving I have been in well over 15 wrecks and only two were my fault. I just happen to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Just a regular ol' work day here.
Plans for lunch at a place I have never been to called "Let's Do Lunch" Hopefully it will be great!!
I have no ideas on what dinner will be...might just grab something on the way home.

I did get my new reader it is a Velocity Cruz, I got it at Staples with a coupon (from Ebay)
for $101. So far I think I really like it. Plus saved some$$
The kindle was just not for me....I am a computer "geek" by profession and I missed having the brightness of a back-lit screen. Also I can get all ebook formats on the Cruz.
I can use the app for Kindle and that works great, IMO better than the kindle.

acox68 -I am starving today also..and my lunch just got moved up a hour..I am going to have to go search for some snacks
Neely -Hope you feel better soon :>
Lora88 -Sorry you feel sad about the Holiday decs, I agree with Darlene that I always like to take it down, & get back to my "normal"
hotprincesscm- Whoohoo enjoy the free buffet
Darlene-enjoy the Field Trip, sounds fun. I always love that feeling of accomplishment after tackling a project!
I plan to clean my closet on New Years!! Can't wait! (OK that sounds a little warped...LOL)

Have a great day everyone!! I am off to search for junk food (change in pocket, but hoping for freebies), wish me luck!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Looks like it will be raining all day.
Couldn't let the hens out to free-range today. But atleast they will be warm & dry in their coop. Gave them some corn this morning to make them happy.:sun:
Washed 2 loads of laundry in cold water today.
Going to clean out and declutter my closet. It sure needs it.:hubba:
Working on the January grocery list & menu.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Did general house cleaning this morning, Tidy up, run the sweeper, do dishes, etc. Also folded and put away the laundry. Will be cleaning up myself shortly and taking the dog to the groomers. Her nails need cut and I dont like to do that myself. Then need to put gas in the car, go to the bank and drive to Ohio to pick up the grands.
Tomorrow will be bringing Grands back here to Penna, stopping at the grocery store and having fun with them for the weekend. Hope you all have a great day

·
Registered
128 Posts
I got up and showered and dressed. Took DS11 to his Animation Class (a holiday break, two day class he is loving). Came into the paid gig to do some catch up since I'm technically off all this week.

Now I am headed home to ensure my other two darlings completed their chore list in my absence. Need to sort/declutter/organize Ds14's closet. It holds the out-of-season clothes for all three boys and some house decorations. Also need to update my freezer inventory.

Back to pick up Ds11 at 3 pm. Make dinner (meatball bake).

Not sure what's after that - have to see what dh and the boys feel like doing tonight.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My plans for today are to wash a load or two in cold and then hang them up to dry. I'm dragging the kids with me to the Sunflower Market because on Wed. last weeks sales and this weeks sales are both good. Hope to get enough fruit and veggies there for the next two weeks. Then the plan is for the kids to work on some homeschooling while I do some bulk cooking to fill up the freezer. Hopefully we all stay motivated!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Good Morning all or should it be afternoon?
My last day of break before DH is off work. I love him being here but he stays under foot all day and I cant get anything done. Guess I should start a honey do list for him tomorrow.
My plans for today is the same as Grammarbug..I have to get this house clean. Will check back in later.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I've been lazy today!
So far I've:
~walked 25 minutes on the treadmill
~ done 2 loads of laundry
~ cleaned out the freezer in the house

I need to:
~finish the laundry
~ do my meal planning for the next 10 days
~ make a grocery list
~ clean up and organize before dd and ds have friends over for the night.

I hope everyone gets their stuff done today!

·
Registered
742 Posts
My DH put up shelves in my laundry area so I am putting the laundry and cleaning supplies on it. I am excited because that will free up a storage rack and the linen closet. I am going to put the linens back in the closet.
I also need to fold the white clothes and put away all the laundry that was washed yesterday.
I also want to find homes for the some Christmas gifts and continue to clean out the office.
The kids and I have no appointment for the rest of the week.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Happy Afternoon!!

I'm home from work and trying to find motivation! I was in at 7:30 this morning and worked until 2:30. I got the xbox game fixed for $3 (YEAH!!!) at a movie rental shop today, too. I came home and put away my laundry that dh so wonderfully washed for me. I straightened up the living room and now am laying on the bed with the computer, lol.

We are supposed to go into town tonight to supper with friends, but it's trying to blizzard outside. The roads weren't great on my way home this afternoon. We'll see. The thought of NOT cooking is enticing...

Have a great night!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hi ladies. I'm just in time to say goodnight but I'm here. I worked today and have one more to go and then back to unemployment. Darlene, you'll be happy to hear our rat drug not one but two boxes of Dcon, so we think there is a MR./MRS. rat, I just hope they haven't started a ratpack. I made bbq'd pork sandwiches for dinner. I have a splitting sinus headache right now and if I don't quit rubbing my eyes so hard they will be in the back of my head. I'm going to post on a few threads and then I'm calling it a night early. Hope to see you all in the morning.

Cat

·
27,948 Posts
:mouse: :mouse: :yikes: :thud:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.