Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brrr, it's cold this morning!
Thank goodness for DH and his amazing fire building skills! Not to mention delicious coffee! lol

Today is work for me. I haven't decided if I'm going to get groceries after work, or just go home and THEN pick up youngest dd. We shall see. I'm cracking up at DH. He caught some special on how the U.S. is crashing slowly, and it gave him guidelines of everything we need to do to survive. Yay, it's funny how he's all of a sudden on board with being ultra frugal. Gee, I wish I would have thought of that!

Alright, I'm off to enjoy the snow lightly falling on the mountains before I awaken the offspring! Have a great day!

-Vanessa

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
It's COLD and quiet here this morning.

DS#1 called earlier from CA, sometimes he likes to pass the time talking to us (hands free) on his way to work, cause it's 50 minutes each way. It was 9:30 here, so must have been...6:30 where he is! Good way to catch up, and to hear his voice. :mushy: Good way to start my day, also!!

I am still kitchen cleaning---going to do the fridge today. Scrub it out and dump any science experiments. :yucky:

Need to get back to working on knitting.....do that tonight.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I'll be sitting by the phone waiting to hear if my surgery is still a go and if so what time tomorrow. Pray, pray, pray.

Cat

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Was tempted to go out and buy some junk food, plantain chips, however was able to convince myself that homemade popcorn would do. Still need to go for a walk today. Don't know why buy I keep putting it off.

I am determined to have a little in savings this month so I can only spend $7.00 until next week. Since I have more than enough food here, bills and travel expenses covered I should be ok. This happened last month and while a little painful it did help convince me that I need to control the spending more.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quiet here today. Made my chicken soup with the almost seven pound roaster, whee! Put in onions (with the skins), tomatoes (with the skins) and carrots, unpeeled. The soup is a gorgeous dark golden color. I'm cooling the soup and meat now, will whip up my favorite; chicken salad and will freeze the soup after skimming etc.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
ramona - what time are you serving the soup tomorrow? i will be there...lol
sounds wonderful and i imaginne smells even better.

today was busy to say the least.by 7:30am i had 2 loads of laundry done and folded, had jots of joe, swept and steam mopped the kitchen. disinfected doorknowbs. gave dd brkfst and got her onthe bus. ran errands. went to yoga...yeah!....went to target for a few things. took dd to doctor. went ouot to eat. helped dd w/ homework. put her to bed. was a good day...minus the fact that i heard some funky noises and the police just left! they walked the perimiter and checked all areas of the yard for me! all is okay though. just a bit of housewife paranoia...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
ramona - what time are you serving the soup tomorrow? i will be there...lol
sounds wonderful and i imaginne smells even better.

today was busy to say the least.by 7:30am i had 2 loads of laundry done and folded, had jots of joe, swept and steam mopped the kitchen. disinfected doorknowbs. gave dd brkfst and got her onthe bus. ran errands. went to yoga...yeah!....went to target for a few things. took dd to doctor. went ouot to eat. helped dd w/ homework. put her to bed. was a good day...minus the fact that i heard some funky noises and the police just left! they walked the perimiter and checked all areas of the yard for me! all is okay though. just a bit of housewife paranoia...
We live miles apart, what a pity. I ♥ company.

So glad there was no one there! I've called the police at midnight when someone knocked on our door. God bless the police.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.